Childrens Christmas plays/shows

KDENISE977

I know I'm opening myself up for a TON of sarcasm and jokes, but does anyone else cry at their kids performances? I feel like a TOTAL idiot because I turn into a puddle when my kid is on stage. I went the little Thanksgiving show held at his school and I honest to god held my breath so I wouldn't cry. :bawl:

I know I'm opening myself up for a TON of sarcasm and jokes, but does anyone else cry at their kids performances? I feel like a TOTAL idiot because I turn into a puddle when my kid is on stage. I went the little Thanksgiving show held at his school and I honest to god held my breath so I wouldn't cry. :bawl:

Awwwwwww... that is sooo sweet! But if it makes you feel any better you are only a couple years away from yawning and rolling your eyes while watching the clock... :huggy:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Awwwwwww... that is sooo sweet! But if it makes you feel any better you are only a couple years away from yawning and rolling your eyes while watching the clock... :huggy:

And the ear splitting band and orchestra concerts. :lol:

KDENISE977

oh. I'm a horrible mom. I can't stand them. I go, and 99% of the time her face matches mine :lmao:

There's a little bit of similarity there with me and my son, last year he ran off stage crying and into the audience onto my lap. Hoping now that he's so much older :sarcasm: (he's 3) he can handle it. He did his entire thanksgiving dance with his back to the audience. he did the little dance routine, just facing the wrong way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry's oldest girl and my daughter are both singers and I cried at all of their performances. I have a number of videos of them at talent shows, recitals, showcases, etc, and in every single one of them you can hear me sniffling. :lol:

So there's hope !!!
Don't get too excited. You'll be crying again at each graduation, Pre-k, K, middle school, and high school. you'll also cry when it's the last show of the last year in that particular school before going on to middle school, then you'll get all weepy at the last show of middle school before going off to high school.... if you are an emotional sap at hear it really doesn't ever stop.... pssst... don't tell anyone but I'm one, so I know what I'm talking about...:huggy:

lovinmaryland

oh. I'm a horrible mom. I can't stand them. I go, and 99% of the time her face matches mine :lmao:

^^^THIS^^^

I didnt think it could get any worse than those plays/concerts...the kids begged us to go to pajama party movie night at the school a couple weeks back... OMFG it was a NIGHTMARE!!! A bunch of kids running around misbehaving and ####. It seemed like most of the parents that went brought their school aged kids and the younger toddler siblings and just let them run wild while they sat in the back playing on their phones. No lie this one toddler ran back & forth in front of the projection screen 20 times at least! I rarely complain about bad ass kids because hey Ive got 5 bad ass kids of my own :lmao:...but this #### was ridiculous! Never again!!!

^^^THIS^^^

I didnt think it could get any worse than those plays/concerts...the kids begged us to go to pajama party movie night at the school a couple weeks back... OMFG it was a NIGHTMARE!!! A bunch of kids running around misbehaving and ####. It seemed like most of the parents that went brought their school aged kids and the younger toddler siblings and just let them run wild while they sat in the back playing on their phones. No lie this one toddler ran back & forth in front of the projection screen 20 times at least! I rarely complain about bad ass kids because hey Ive got 5 bad ass kids of my own :lmao:...but this #### was ridiculous! Never again!!!
I am a firm believer that younger siblings should NOT be allowed at these sort of interactive events!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I've cried or teared up at everything like this that my kids have done and even for friends' kids. :lol:

Thing 2 played violin in elementary school and was chosen to play in the All County Orchestra. I think it was 5th grade. (?) Anyhoo, I took him to rehearsal and one of the selections they were going to play at their concert was Pachelbel's Canon. When he played with his school, it sounded okay, but with all of the "best" students playing it together - oh, my! I thought it was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard, and I couldn't contain my emotions whenever they performed that selection. I still have the CD you could buy at the concert & I listened to it last year. OMG :cds: They were not all that great! But, in my mother's heart and memory - they were awesome. I think I will keep my jaded memories. :biggrin: (I do still love that music to this day, though!)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Don't get too excited. You'll be crying again at each graduation, Pre-k, K, middle school, and high school. you'll also cry when it's the last show of the last year in that particular school before going on to middle school, then you'll get all weepy at the last show of middle school before going off to high school.... if you are an emotional sap at hear it really doesn't ever stop.... pssst... don't tell anyone but I'm one, so I know what I'm talking about...:huggy:

:yay:

KDENISE977

I'm happy to report I made it through. Thankfully the lights were dimmed and was in an end seat and videoing most of it so didn't get to emotional.

mitzi

I teared up at the grandson's kindergarten program last week. They are all so cute. dressed up and you can tell they are trying so hard to do a good job. I always loved going to the kid's programs.

KDENISE977

I teared up at the grandson's kindergarten program last week. They are all so cute. dressed up and you can tell they are trying so hard to do a good job. I always loved going to the kid's programs.

OMG it was SO adorable, and they all looked so little and did a reindeer pokey dance where they had to "put your tail in and you shake it all about" I wish I had pictures too but I only have video. All the little noses pained red, I honestly can't believe that they all didn't have a meltdown with like 200+ adults staring at them on stage.