Stupid, Selfish...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
And I cant think of a bunch more words I'd call this woman.

A healthy German shepherd in Indiana may be euthanized after his owner requested that his ashes be buried with her upon her death, Fox 19 reported.

Connie Lay, who died on Nov. 25, mentioned in her will that she wanted Bela, her beloved dog, to be put down and have his ashes put with her own. The report pointed out that animals are considered possessions and the owner has the legal right to decide its fate.

A veterinarian agreed to put down the dog, but the news did not sit well with animal rights activists and a tri-state effort ensued.

An alternative to Bela's fate, as mentioned in the will, would be to send the dog to Best Friends Animal Society in Utah, a no-kill sanctuary, the report said. But the attorney said due to financial strains, that is not an option.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/1...euthanized-buried-with-her/?intcmp=latestnews

I knew a woman that said when she died her bird would be put down and buried with her, I thought she was kidding, but she was serious and said it's in her will. What is wrong with people?

itsrequired

What is wrong with people?

Nothing in my opinion. She wanted her property to be with her for eternity. Animals are here for our us. If it gave this poor dying woman peace to know the animal was going to be with her, I am happy she could be at peace.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Nothing in my opinion. She wanted her property to be with her for eternity. Animals are here for our us. If it gave this poor dying woman peace to know the animal was going to be with her, I am happy she could be at peace.

How about "I know __________ will take good care of my pup after I'm gone and he will live a long, happy life".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If she did not specify in her will, what would happen to the dog?

If no relative stepped up, it would go to a shelter where all sorts of bad things could happen. It could get adopted by a buncher. It could be mistreated. I'm not ready to second-guess this woman because I don't know her reasons for doing this.

glhs837

Power with Control
Oh, I don't know, just maybe work a little to get the dog adopted? Maybe she did and had no luck, that is possible. But given it's in the will, that seems like maybe it wasn't an option. Another case of legally right and morally wrong, unless she really had no place for the dog to go. What's a buncher?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Oh, I don't know, just maybe work a little to get the dog adopted? Maybe she did and had no luck, that is possible. But given it's in the will, that seems like maybe it wasn't an option. Another case of legally right and morally wrong, unless she really had no place for the dog to go. What's a buncher?

I was wondering the same thing, my first thought was a hoarder? We have a big problem with that here, but it's usually cats and rats.

itsrequired

How about "I know __________ will take good care of my pup after I'm gone and he will live a long, happy life".

That isn't what she wanted and it's her property. It put her at peace to have it come to it's final rest with her. I'm all about making the human happy. Animals are here for our pleasure or needs.

glhs837

Power with Control
http://www.dogsonly.org/bunchers.html

So, guy takes "Free to good home" animals, sells them for $25 bucks a head to a place that has a license to sell animals to research facilities. The licensed dealer can charger over $100 a head. Sort of like a fence for dogs or other pets. Two of my dogs came to me from no charge situations. But both people giving the puppies away insisted that they only go to people they knew, or that were vouched for by people they knew.

glhs837

Power with Control
That isn't what she wanted and it's her property. It put her at peace to have it come to it's final rest with her. I'm all about making the human happy. Animals are here for our pleasure or needs.

So, if yelling at my dog and mistreating it makes me happy, that's cool? Sorry, IMO, you have a responsibility towards that animal. It's happiness and well being should matter to you.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
http://www.dogsonly.org/bunchers.html

So, guy takes "Free to good home" animals, sells them for $25 bucks a head to a place that has a license to sell animals to research facilities. The licensed dealer can charger over $100 a head. Sort of like a fence for dogs or other pets. Two of my dogs came to me from no charge situations. But both people giving the puppies away insisted that they only go to people they knew, or that were vouched for by people they knew.

Since stray cats are much more numerous and destructive, why can't researchers start using cats too?

CUE: Salvador in 3...2....

glhs837

Power with Control
They can, that's why I said animals. But I think there are things dogs are better for, being closer in size to humans. And of course, it takes work to catch stray cats. Why work to trap them when so many people are willing to breed them for you by not bothering to spay or neuter........

itsrequired

So, if yelling at my dog and mistreating it makes me happy, that's cool? Sorry, IMO, you have a responsibility towards that animal. It's happiness and well being should matter to you.

If yelling at your dog makes you happy, have at it. If you want to keep your dog in a cage and let it out when you feel like it, have at it. If you are abusing your animal, not feeding it, beating it, or torturing it in anyway, there are laws to punish that. If it makes you feel good to euthanize your dog because you can't afford it or because you want it to die and be buried with you, I'm all for it.

Hijinx

It's a strange world. If we use the word euthanize everything is ok.

If we drown a cat or shoot a dog we are cruel and unfeeling, but if we take it to PETA and they euthanize it that is fine.

Now in Belgium they want to harvest organs after they euthanize humans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...of-those-killed-by-euthanasia-being-used.html

WE can call it euthanasia or we can make up any other word, but it still means it's victims are dead. Just as dead as a sack full of drowned cats.

itsrequired

It's a strange world. If we use the word euthanize everything is ok.

If we drown a cat or shoot a dog we are cruel and unfeeling, but if we take it to PETA and they euthanize it that is fine.

Now in Belgium they want to harvest organs after they euthanize humans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...of-those-killed-by-euthanasia-being-used.html

WE can call it euthanasia or we can make up any other word, but it still means it's victims are dead. Just as dead as a sack full of drowned cats.

You do understand the difference between humans and animals correct? I'm okay with calling it killing. As long as the process is as painless as possible, kill the dog to make the human happy.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
You do understand the difference between humans and animals correct? I'm okay with calling it killing. As long as the process is as painless as possible, kill the dog to make the human happy.

There are animals that are better than some people, shame we can't put person in place of dog. ^

Hijinx

I understand the difference, I am just wondering if those who propose Euthanasia for the aged , infirm, harvesters, and not perfect understand it.

glhs837

Power with Control
If yelling at your dog makes you happy, have at it. If you want to keep your dog in a cage and let it out when you feel like it, have at it. If you are abusing your animal, not feeding it, beating it, or torturing it in anyway, there are laws to punish that. If it makes you feel good to euthanize your dog because you can't afford it or because you want it to die and be buried with you, I'm all for it.

Again, there's legal , and there's right. I know it's legal, and know it's wrong also. I'm legal in this state to give my 16 year old enough booze to make them black out. Is that right?