Omelette fillings

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What are some of your favorite?

Today we had snow crab, asparagus & mozzarella cheese. It was all leftovers from last night. It makes a very mild flavored omelet. When I want something heartier I'll use green peppers, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and top it off with some salsa.

TGB

What are some of your favorite?

Today we had snow crab, asparagus & mozzarella cheese. It was all leftovers from last night. It makes a very mild flavored omelet. When I want something heartier I'll use green peppers, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and top it off with some salsa.

My favorite options are:
1. Blue cheese, caramelized pear slices and toasted pecans
2. Artichoke hearts sautéed with garlic and seasoned goat cheese
3. Smoked mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, basil pesto
4. Crab and avocado
5. Asparagus and cheese
6. Smoked salmon
7. Leftover roasted vegetables, sautéed onions and Gouda cheese
8. Smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, dill, capers

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
<--- Likes eggs, any style

When I was a kid my mom would make what we called "garbage eggs", meaning any leftovers in the fridge would be fried up and scrambled with eggs. Meatloaf, carrots and potatoes, cheeseburgers, spaghetti sauce, chili...you name it. So my omelet filling preferences are wide open and there's not really anything I don't like.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese, with a sprinkle of Old Bay, topped with a few dashes of Texas Pete.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
ham, cheddar, mushrooms, bacon, onion, red pepper. Over biscuits. With gravy. And a beer.

My dad makes a deer meat gravy that goes over toast or biscuits and it is so yummy. It ruins my diet every time because it drops my willpower to sub zero.

Like Vrai, I can just about have anything on my omelet. Breakfast was always a big deal growing up and I can eat my eggs any way they are made. My husband laughs and swears when I make them over easy they are still clucking... but that is the best way for dipping toast.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My dad makes a deer meat gravy that goes over toast or biscuits and it is so yummy. It ruins my diet every time because it drops my willpower to sub zero.

Like Vrai, I can just about have anything on my omelet. Breakfast was always a big deal growing up and I can eat my eggs any way they are made. My husband laughs and swears when I make them over easy they are still clucking... but that is the best way for dipping toast.

Yeah, but, deer meet is LEAN!!! You're GTG!!!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My favorite options are:
1. Blue cheese, caramelized pear slices and toasted pecans
2. Artichoke hearts sautéed with garlic and seasoned goat cheese
3. Smoked mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, basil pesto
4. Crab and avocado
5. Asparagus and cheese
6. Smoked salmon
7. Leftover roasted vegetables, sautéed onions and Gouda cheese
8. Smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, dill, capers

Oh thank you for this! I need to get back on LC which means a lot of eggs and I get so tired of my scrambled eggs or plain omelettes with mushrooms and olives. #1 sounds amazing I'd never think that'd be good in eggs but now I have to try.

TGB

Oh thank you for this! I need to get back on LC which means a lot of eggs and I get so tired of my scrambled eggs or plain omelettes with mushrooms and olives. #1 sounds amazing I'd never think that'd be good in eggs but now I have to try.

You are very welcome It is delish. Just make sure the pears are not to think. I use a mandoline.