fishing report 12/18/14

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It was cold and windy on the water. Keeping the boat in the right place was a challenge. Even though I lugged many of my lures with me, I only used 2. I tied on a rapala countdown and a Mepps aglia #2 in gold. I got both fish on the Mepps. For being very cold, the bass put up a nice fight. With winter looming it's just a matter of time before it will be almost impossible to fish. Get out while you still can. Fish low and slow this time of the year.

18 inch bass
DSCF7273A.jpg

DSCF7272A.jpg

Shutout

It was cold and windy on the water. Keeping the boat in the right place was a challenge. Even though I lugged many of my lures with me, I only used 2. I tied on a rapala countdown and a Mepps aglia #2 in gold. I got both fish on the Mepps. For being very cold, the bass put up a nice fight. With winter looming it's just a matter of time before it will be almost impossible to fish. Get out while you still can. Fish low and slow this time of the year.

18 inch bass
View attachment 106119

View attachment 106120

Mepps. Timeless.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Mepps. Timeless.

I have caught just about anything that swims with a Mepps. Trout, bass, yellow/white perch, pickerel, fall fish, blue gills, crappie, bullhead, catfish, walleye, salmon, grayling, drum.