Man finally cleared after botched SWAT raid

Chris0nllyn

But on the night of September 27th, 2011 Chadwick's commitment to living within the law did him no good at all.

It started when a friend concerned for Chadwick's emotional well-being called Missouri City police to Chad's Sienna apartment where he'd been distraught, drinking and unknown to anyone, had gone to sleep in the bathtub.

A SWAT team was summoned.

Chadwick did own a single shotgun, but had threatened no one, not even himself. Chadwick's firearm possession apparently prompted SWAT to kick in his door, launch a stun grenade into the bathroom and storm in, according to Chadwick, without announcing their identity.

"While I had my hands up naked in the shower they shot me with a 40 millimeter non-lethal round," said Chadwick.

A second stun grenade soon followed.

"I turned away, the explosion went off, I opened my eyes the lights are out and here comes a shield with four or five guys behind it. They pinned me against the wall and proceeded to beat the crap out of me," said Chadwick.

That's when officers shot the unarmed Chadwick in the back of the head with a Taser at point blank range.

"They claimed I drew down with a shampoo bottle and a body wash bottle," said Chadwick.

And it wasn't over.

"They grabbed me by my the one hand that was out of the shower and grabbed me by my testicles slammed me on my face on the floor and proceeded to beat me more," said Chadwick.

Chadwick, who hadn't broken a single law when SWAT burst through his door, was taken to the Ft. Bend County Jail with a fractured nose, bruised ribs and what's proven to be permanent hearing loss.

He was held in an isolation cell for two full days.

Ft. Bend County District Attorney John Healy sought to indict Chadwick on two felony counts of assaulting a police officer, but a Grand Jury said no law was broken.

It could have stopped there, but Healy's prosecutors tried misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest, calling more than a dozen officers to testify. Those charges were dropped as well.

A month ago, three years after the SWAT raid, a jury found Chad Chadwick not guilty of interfering with police. With tears in their eyes members of the jury offered the exonerated defendant comforting hugs.

Ft. Bend County District Attorney John Healy declined to comment on camera, but did say he stands by his decision to prosecute Chadwick, despite the multiple no-bills and not guilty verdict.

Asked how much the case cost taxpayers, Healy said "I wasn't keeping a tally."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/2...prosecutors-accused-of-abuse-in-swat-incident

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/2...-ft-bend-swat-raid-gets-outpouring-of-support

Get new friends, or don't sleep in bathtubs, or don't drink, or something....

glhs837

Power with Control
And this is what I talk about the most, the way the system seems to go high and right rather than admit an initial wrong. Scary, one phone call, and your life is wrecked for three years.

glhs837

Power with Control
So mocking police that turn a simple welfare call into a swat raid complete with flash bangs and tasers makes you a cop hater? How about a new term, overzealous cop hater?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So mocking police that turn a simple welfare call into a swat raid complete with flash bangs and tasers makes you a cop hater? How about a new term, overzealous cop hater?

It's almost as if they think they can say it enough times and make it true. Haven't we seen that tactic somewhere else.