Dish pulled FOX news

Bay_Kat

Tropical
They've been running a crawler for a couple of weeks now warning that it may happen and asking people to let dish know they wanted to keep FOX news, guess they didn't get enough people. Turned it on this morning and something else was on.

Last edited:

BOP

I only know 2 people who actually have Dish, and they might best be described as conservative hippies.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I only know 2 people who actually have Dish, and they might best be described as conservative hippies.

It was my husband's idea to get it, I hate it, if there is a slight breeze we lose signal. I think he's starting to come around now that he sees how bad it is. I don't watch enough TV to really care one way or another.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It was my husband's idea to get it, I hate it, if there is a slight breeze we lose signal. I think he's starting to come around now that he sees how bad it is. I don't watch enough TV to really care one way or another.

We have DIRECTV. MOST because we don't have a choice, or our only choice was Dish Directv.. other than cost we are very happy with DirecTV.. Rarely do we lose signal, and it really has to be coming down hard South of us for it to go out, and then it's usually just the HD channels.

Rommey

Just like CNN was off the air for a week or so during their renegotiation last month, this will be temporary.
Just like channels that get pulled from Comcast, DirecTv, Time Warner, etc., its the last step to get to an agreement.

Hijinx

Just like CNN was off the air for a week or so during their renegotiation last month, this will be temporary.
Just like channels that get pulled from Comcast, DirecTv, Time Warner, etc., its the last step to get to an agreement.

I wish they would pull half the crap I don't want anyway and lower the cost.

Out of a hundred channels I only need about ten at most.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

I just told my husband this exact same thing, but he said a buddy of his has dish and said CNN was off the air for a year. We've only had dish a couple of months and CNN was off when we got it and back a week later.

R

rhenderson

Thread title is probably misleading. Usually, it is the channel producer that "pulls" the channel off the distributors network. Dish would have no problem continuing to relay the channel at no cost to them since the contract expired. Fox wants more money than Dish is willing to pay. The crawlers are the producers way of trying to bring additional pressure from viewer to the distributors.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Thread title is probably misleading. Usually, it is the channel producer that "pulls" the channel off the distributors network. Dish would have no problem continuing to relay the channel at no cost to them since the contract expired. Fox wants more money than Dish is willing to pay. The crawlers are the producers way of trying to bring additional pressure from viewer to the distributors.

Exactly but it is all so frustrating in all these battles among various companies. Paid TV is way too pricey and if they keep it up, they will not have a market. Cable cutting isn't just a temporary trend but rather the beginning of the end.

The next battle is Directv with AMC.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
If it were just me, I'd have nothing, if I want a movie I'll do Netflix or Redbox, if I want news, I'll look online. I'm sick of all the channels we pay for and nothing being on. So many movies and they show the same ones over and over and over again.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I wish they would pull half the crap I don't want anyway and lower the cost.

Out of a hundred channels I only need about ten at most.

We don't really need 23 Spanish language channels either. Haven't counted how many Persian/Pastu language channels either.