My Christmas rant

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So much of our every day life is fake. Fake celebrities, fake news, fake food, fake "friends", fake Christmas trees. This is probably why we're so cranky all the time: we don't know what to believe or believe in. Our lives are filled with artificial bullchit.

I'm so tired of "reporters" trying to steer me into what they want me to believe. I'm tired of Kim Kardashian's ass (both the one she grew and the one she married). I'm absolutely sick of box mix chemical compound "meals" that take just as long to prepare as if you'd made them from scratch with real food. I'm fed up with bad music being played over and over until it imprints in the teenage mind and makes a star out of some untalented bimbo.

It's crazy.

So anyway, there's my beef for the day.

So much of our every day life is fake. Fake celebrities, fake news, fake food, fake "friends", fake Christmas trees. This is probably why we're so cranky all the time: we don't know what to believe or believe in. Our lives are filled with artificial bullchit.

I'm so tired of "reporters" trying to steer me into what they want me to believe. I'm tired of Kim Kardashian's ass (both the one she grew and the one she married). I'm absolutely sick of box mix chemical compound "meals" that take just as long to prepare as if you'd made them from scratch with real food. I'm fed up with bad music being played over and over until it imprints in the teenage mind and makes a star out of some untalented bimbo.

It's crazy.

So what you are trying to say is that you're all about that bass, about that bass, no treble?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what you are trying to say is that you're all about that bass, about that bass, no treble?

I'd have made a great Unibomber. I mean, without the mailbox bombs and like that. Just the anarchist in the woods part.

I'd have made a great Unibomber. I mean, without the mailbox bombs and like that. Just the anarchist in the woods part.
I can actually vision you as a branch wielding, long leg hairs, tree bark eating wild woods woman... and in my vision you are indeed truly happy...:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can actually vision you as a branch wielding, long leg hairs, tree bark eating wild woods woman... and in my vision you are indeed truly happy...:lmao:

As long as Sephora and Victoria's Secret will deliver to me, that would be perfect. :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated

It's crazy.

When I read stuff like this, I think of my favorite guitar player, Pat Metheny, and his comments on his hour-long jazz piece “The Way Up”:

"At the time we started writing, we saw this as a kind of protest record. It could be seen as our protest against a world where fear has become a cultural and political weapon; a protest against a world where a lack of nuance and detail is considered a good thing; a protest against a culture that values that which can be consumed in the smallest bites, over the kinds of efforts and achievements that can only come with a lifetime of work and study.''

Our society has lost its attention span. There is no patience for sitting and listening, for studying, for paying attention to the detail of things. We demand everything instantaneously. We demand things to come in its simplest form.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

It's crazy.

My only rant about Christmas is I just don't have enough time. The only thing fake is my tree, but that's the way I want it. I'm working the fake food out of our lives. I even made home made mac and cheese for the first time ever 2 nights ago. I've never been one to follow celebs, unless it's about Tom Cruise coming undone. I don't know why that fascinates me, but it does. I guess I'm waiting for his crash. I don't watch the news, I find my own. The only person who is cranky is Pickle, but a nap usually takes care of that. Most everyone I've come in contact with has the spirit of Christmas, and in a good mood, and the only music I listen to is that of my choosing.

Life is REALLY good.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am sick of the cookies, cakes and candies everywhere....

:ohwell:

Attachments

• fat.jpg
    fat.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 162

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am sick of the cookies, cakes and candies everywhere....

I'm not sick of the cookies and such, I just wish they weren't so delicious. If they sucked I could have one to be polite, then move along. But no. No no no, my friends have to be freaking budding pastry chefs who turn out goodies that draw you like a crack addiction.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm not sick of the cookies and such, I just wish they weren't so delicious. If they sucked I could have one to be polite, then move along. But no. No no no, my friends have to be freaking budding pastry chefs who turn out goodies that draw you like a crack addiction.

That was a very nice way to put it. :lol:

The other night I had the most amazing blueberry pie. :drool:

Pete

Repete

I made 48 of those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey's kiss smooshed in the middle. Then ate 40 of them.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I made 48 of those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey's kiss smooshed in the middle. Then ate 40 of them.

Those are my favorite, and what I had for breakfast. My momma made some this morning. She is making more tomorrow. It's likely to take me the next two years to lose the lbs I've put on this holiday season. :frown: Oh well. :sigh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I HATE the Christmas junk, the cookies, brownies and candy canes and tons of chocolate and other sweets. I hate it because I love it and there is NOTHING redeeming about it except for the instant you're eating it. Once you swallow it, it's all downhill from there. It's bad for your body, makes you feel like ####, it sucks doing the extra MILES to burn than cess off and, there's just NOTHING good about it except the very instant you're eating it.

It's damn near literally eating ####. #### might not be as bad for you...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bann makes these shortbread cookies that are to die for.

Literally, you would die for these cookies.

They are terribly unhealthy and probably shaved 6 years off my life, but I'm okay with that.

Not to be outdone, BadGirl made these...I'm not sure what you'd call them but they have a sugar cookie base with chocolate, coconut, and walnuts. My god.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Christmas is like a hurricane, people know it's coming, they have time to prepare, yet they wait until the last minute and run around the stores in a panic because they weren't ready.