non-Verizon mobile service south of Pax?

Does anyone south of Pax (specifically, Dameron/Ridge areas) have non-Verizon mobile service? Maybe AT&T? If so, what kind of coverage do you get? Better/worse/comparable to Verizon?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Does anyone south of Pax (specifically, Dameron/Ridge areas) have non-Verizon mobile service? Maybe AT&T? If so, what kind of coverage do you get? Better/worse/comparable to Verizon?

In the past my kids got AT&T phones and they didn't work at all, at least not in the house. If they went outside and stood on the driveway they could get a signal and make calls. We do have new Cell Phone towers down here but still not sure about AT&T.. Verizon is still the best service in our area.

You have to be careful, as the salesperson will "Guarantee" that you will have service, but there is no trial period, you can't come back in a week and ask to cancel because you don't have service. They'lll still hold you to your one or two year contract.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I still remember the Sprint guy at the mall in Waldorf trying to tell us how good their coverage was (this is late 90's) and when we looked at the map he admitted they didn't go much below Hughesville. I guess because you could get to Charlotte Hall they could say St. Mary's county....

The only way to really find the truth about coverage is to ask other users, but you need a large enough sample and clear questions.
The devil is in the details, if you recall the commercial wars between AT&T and Verizon, they both claimed to be the biggest, best coverage. Verizon's claim was staked on the land mass / their coverage area. AT&T was basing their claim on the number of people / the population of the areas they covered. Neither lied, but if you lived outside a metropolitan area you were more likely to get service on Verizon than AT&T.

Once you figure out who provides the best coverage for the area you require, you can shop for lower prices by looking at the discount companies. Most buy blocks of time from the major carriers and they tell you which network they run on.

I still remember the Sprint guy at the mall in Waldorf trying to tell us how good their coverage was (this is late 90's) and when we looked at the map he admitted they didn't go much below Hughesville. I guess because you could get to Charlotte Hall they could say St. Mary's county....

The only way to really find the truth about coverage is to ask other users, but you need a large enough sample and clear questions.
The devil is in the details, if you recall the commercial wars between AT&T and Verizon, they both claimed to be the biggest, best coverage. Verizon's claim was staked on the land mass / their coverage area. AT&T was basing their claim on the number of people / the population of the areas they covered. Neither lied, but if you lived outside a metropolitan area you were more likely to get service on Verizon than AT&T.

Once you figure out who provides the best coverage for the area you require, you can shop for lower prices by looking at the discount companies. Most buy blocks of time from the major carriers and they tell you which network they run on.

It also matters what phone you are using. Different phones have different reception qualities.