Metrocast Cable

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Hi everyone,

I see the recent thread on Metrocast internet but nothing posted recently about their cable service. I am wondering if anyone has had issues with the cable the past few weeks ? We swapped out our dvr box a few weeks ago ( we've swapped boxes out several times over the past few years ) but it has not resolved this recent issue we have with pixelation , not sure that is spelled right LOL, and now the past few days we have had issues with audio dropping off, the cable going out for minutes at a time, so aggravating, A tech came out the next morning and found nothing wrong with the inside connection, later that day we were told it was an area wide outage so I was suprised to see nothing posted here. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has this issue. A tech is coming out tomorrow to check the outside connections because the issue has been ongoing , including intermittent issues today.

ciwmj

Hi everyone,

I see the recent thread on Metrocast internet but nothing posted recently about their cable service. I am wondering if anyone has had issues with the cable the past few weeks ? We swapped out our dvr box a few weeks ago ( we've swapped boxes out several times over the past few years ) but it has not resolved this recent issue we have with pixelation , not sure that is spelled right LOL, and now the past few days we have had issues with audio dropping off, the cable going out for minutes at a time, so aggravating, A tech came out the next morning and found nothing wrong with the inside connection, later that day we were told it was an area wide outage so I was suprised to see nothing posted here. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has this issue. A tech is coming out tomorrow to check the outside connections because the issue has been ongoing , including intermittent issues today.

Have the tech check the signal strenght at the outside house connection and the roadside pedestal connection to see if the are comparable. We had the same problem and it turned out that the cable ends at the outside of the house were so old that there was massive signal loss there. Metrocast doesn't seem to check these very often when there is a trouble call, and they seem to be the main cause of the problem. Ours were the original and probably 14yrs old.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Good point, connectors are a good place to check both inside and out. Make sure you use a high quality connector. Make sure the connection is solid and check to ensure the insulation isn't broken by the strain relief.

Don't forget, Metrocast is only the latest name attached to the system. It's not like they installed new equipment when the new name was applied. System has been upgraded I'm sure but check to see how old the wires and boxes are.

The other thing to check is where the last amplifier in the system is located. We had a fairly long cul de sac (i.e. dead end). The took the wire off the pole and ran it down the street. There was never a repeater installed. The signal at the far end of the street was constantly weaker. Boosting the output for them often meant over driving the circuits of those close to the main road. Heard from a few people in similar situations where they ended up having modems damaged.

chrissyhh

I have been having problems with cable reception ever since they changed to digital. It is very random, but my TV's will change the channel all by itself, and then if you try to go back to the channel you were watching it is no longer in the lineup. I have to rescan my channels about every two weeks to find the lost ones.

I have noticed sometimes, for about the last week or so, that the picture freezes, has garbled (sp) sound, and pixels all over the place.

I have had the service techs out here 6 times this year, and they can find nothing wrong. I even had one tell me it was my TV sets. I have 4, all flat screens, newer than 3 years old. The one set with my HD DVR receiver is fine, I've never had a problem with that one.