Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $1.99 gas .

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    So where are all the freaks on the right (ya hear me GRUPS, Hijinx,. Gilligan, MamaTutu) proclaiming their love of Mr. Obama?

One of their initial and, incredibly wrong (as usual) complaints about Mr. Obama was that gas prices were below $2 when he came into office and then rose. Of course, none of these mental giants understand that the President has zero impact on gas prices...how many times did that have to get explained to LG before he stopped stating it? None of them considered that we were in a damn near depression in early 2009.

Now that oil has dropped so drastically (also without any impact from a weak and ineffectual President), these same mental giants are either mute or have all of a sudden grasped the concept of supply and demand!
    I just paid $2.23 this am in Lex Park. Somebody's racissss....or something.

So, I guess all the drilling going on in this country, as well as a possible Republican majority House and Senate overriding the Won's future veto of the Keystone Pipeline has nothing to do with falling prices, huh?

Twit.

edit: should have been $2.23, not $4.23 Dur.
    Last edited by BOP; 01-06-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

So where are all the freaks on the right (ya hear me GRUPS, Hijinx,. Gilligan, MamaTutu) proclaiming their love of Mr. Obama?

One of their initial and, incredibly wrong (as usual) complaints about Mr. Obama was that gas prices were below $2 when he came into office and then rose. Of course, none of these mental giants understand that the President has zero impact on gas prices...how many times did that have to get explained to LG before he stopped stating it? None of them considered that we were in a damn near depression in early 2009.

Now that oil has dropped so drastically (also without any impact from a weak and ineffectual President), these same mental giants are either mute or have all of a sudden grasped the concept of supply and demand!
    This has nothing to do with Obamie, and everything to do with OPEC. OPEC is trying to drive US domestic production out of business (less we become energy independent). If they keep the price low enough, long enough, it will force domestic production to cease as it will be come cost prohibitive. Also it should be noted, one of the largest backers of the anti-fracking movement is Qatar. You have it boys and girls, OPEC is an ally of the environmental whacko jobs.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

what has Obama got to do with the LOW Price of OIL

that's right NOTHING .......

what Obama did to limit production increases ....

PICKET: Flashback - Oil drilling permits down 36 percent under Obama

President Barack Obama and Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney engaged in a heated discussion over oil production during the president’s first term during their second debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York on Tuesday night. President Obama insisted that oil production has been up and that the oil companies have been granted permits to drill but refuse to do so. Governor Romney, though, pointed out that the government is not granting many permits to oil companies, particularly on federal land.

“The most important thing we can do is to make sure we control our own energy. So here’s what I’ve done since I’ve been president. We have increased oil production to the highest levels in 16 years,” President Obama said. Natural gas production is the highest it’s been in decades. We have seen increases in coal production and coal employment. But what I’ve also said is we can’t just produce traditional source of energy. We’ve got to look to the future. That’s why we doubled fuel efficiency standards on cars.”

Governor Romney shot back, saying: “Oil production is is down 14 percent this year on federal land, and gas production was down 9 percent. Why? Because the president cut in half the number of licenses and permits for drilling on federal lands, and in federal waters.”

Romney continued, ” What we don’t need is to have the president keeping us from taking advantage of oil, coal, and gas. This has not been Mr. Oil, or Mr. Gas, or Mr. Coal. Talk to these people working in those industries. I was just in coal country. People grabbed my arms and said, ‘Please save my job.’ The head of the EPA said, ‘ You can’t build a coal plant. You’ll virtually—it’s virtually impossible given our regulations.’”

The Wall Street Journal recently reported that Obama’s Interior Department just banned drilling on 11.5 million acres of petroleum reserve:

President Obama is campaigning as a champion of the oil and gas boom he’s had nothing to do with, and even as his regulators try to stifle it. The latest example is the Interior Department’s little-noticed August decision to close off from drilling nearly half of the 23.5 million acre National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska.

The area is called the National Petroleum Reserve because in 1976 Congress designated it as a strategic oil and natural gas stockpile to meet the “energy needs of the nation.” Alaska favors exploration in nearly the entire reserve. The feds had been reviewing four potential development plans, and the state of Alaska had strongly objected to the most restrictive of the four. Sure enough, that was the plan Interior chose.

Obama’s Drilling Denials

In a tense exchange during the Oct. 16 debate, President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney sparred over domestic oil and gas production on lands and in waters under the Obama administration’s control.

The facts, for the most part, are on Romney’s side.

• Obama was wrong when he denied Romney’s claim that the Obama administration cut in half the number of new permits and new leases for offshore oil and gas drilling. The decrease is actually more than half.
    • Romney exaggerated, however, when he said the number of new permits and new leases for onshore drilling also declined by half under Obama. The decline isn’t that steep.
    • Obama was wrong when he told Romney it’s “just not true” that domestic oil production on federal lands is down 14 percent and gas production has fallen 9 percent in one year. Production of oil and natural gas on federal lands and in federal waters did indeed fall by those percentages as Romney said, although Romney erred in saying the drops took place “this year.” The decreases occurred in fiscal year 2011.
    • Romney failed to note, however, that oil production from federal jurisdictions has risen over the three-and-a-half years of Obama’s term. And while natural gas production has declined under Obama, the downturn started long before he took office.

Romney’s claim reflects the larger Republican talking point that production of oil and natural gas has fallen on federal lands and in federal waters but increased on private and state-owned properties. As we’ve written before, the claim is true only for 2011.

Romney and Obama argued during the first half hour of the town-hall-style debate — long after a man had asked a question about gasoline prices and energy policy.

Report: US oil-and-gas production up despite drop on federal lands

By Zack Colman - 03/05/13 04:43 PM EST
    “Where the states have been in charge, we have seen energy development boom in a safe and responsible way, but under federal control we have seen a sharp decline in production. A web of red tape and a backlog of delayed permits are blocking important energy production opportunities on federal lands,” Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Ky.), who chairs the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Power, said in a Tuesday statement.

Republicans have prodded Obama to emulate the activity on private and state lands, where a bulk of the nation’s drilling is occurring.

They say expanding energy development could yield more situations like North Dakota’s Bakken formation, where drilling has added thousands of jobs.

Other News: http://fuelfix.com/
    Last edited by GURPS; 01-05-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by NTNG View Post
    The $6.00 bridge toll is enough to keep me from heading that way...
    EasyPass = $2.10
    Quote Originally Posted by ICit View Post
    .... i just swallowed... I was lucky

Nephew in Medina Ohio paid $5.84 for 30 gallons using food store savings on gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    A gallon of gas is still around $10.00 in Norway.
    I can't speak for Norway, but I know when I was in Germany gas was nearly 4X what it was in the states; and that was because of taxes.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

This story is a month old...the outlook for production is not good. Going to be a lot of layoffs along the gulf coast, North Dakota, etc.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...5954255.php#/0
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I Need a Life
    There isn't a coordinated effort; rather there is simply a worldwide glut of oil and oil production capacity.
    I really do not buy this....

So, you are buying the idea that, after nearly 10 years of increasing prices at the pump and oil-per-barrel, that in the last 12 months there is suddenly a windfall of oil and a new-found oil production capacity that was not there?! So after an alleged 10 year steady increase in "demand" and "worldwide usage" there is a sudden and sharp 35% decrease?!

Sounds like another "story" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SG_Player1974 View Post
    I really do not buy this....

So, you are buying the idea that, after nearly 10 years of increasing prices at the pump and oil-per-barrel, that in the last 12 months there is suddenly a windfall of oil and a new-found oil production capacity that was not there?! So after an alleged 10 year steady increase in "demand" and "worldwide usage" there is a sudden and sharp 35% decrease?!

Sounds like another "story" to me.
    Happens to every other commodity and market...why would oil be any different? Bubbles are created..bubbles collapse. Pretty basic stuff.

Perhaps I have a better vantage point; since I'm involved, or at least closely exposed, in the marine side of oil production worldwide to varying degrees, I've seen and paid close attention to the steady growth in development and production. Increased development means an increase in all the various support vessels. And now I get to watch that market collapse too. ;-(
    Last edited by Gilligan; 01-06-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I Need a Life
    Happens to every other commodity and market...why would oil be any different? Bubbles are created..bubbles collapse. Pretty basic stuff.
    Yes, however commodities are traded due to SPECULATION. Just 12 months ago, price of gas at the pump was higher than it ever was. Now, all of the sudden, it has lost over 1/3 of its value and people want to say it is because of "a decrease in demand?"

I believe it is due to the Saudi's driving down the price to stop our own production. There is no denying that there is some form of political undertones going on here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.