Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: $1.99 gas .

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    It is (was) possible that we could equal or exceed, in 2015, the previous all-time peak production level from around 1972. But I would guess that the precipitous drop in oil prices might keep that from happening.
    Without knowing what oil prices are going to do over the next 6 months or so, we're largely just guessing, yeah. But my guess is that U.S. production continues to climb some in 2015, just not at the rate it would have had prices remained $90 - $100 -ish. That said, I think I'd agree with you that we don't get to an all-time high for U.S. production. We've increased production in the ballpark of a million barrels per day average for the last 3 years, 2014 will probably be a little above 8-1/2 mbpd (maybe 8.6 or so). I'd guess we don't get another million bpd bump for 2015, which is about what we'd need.
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

The hits are starting to become evident..... Fortunately (I hope) for us, we're seeing a tremendous uptick in the construction of offshore wind farm support vessels, offsetting to a large extent, the cutbacks in the very similar off shore oil support vessels.

http://www.marinetechnologynews.com/...xpected-506509
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    This story is a month old...the outlook for production is not good. Going to be a lot of layoffs along the gulf coast, North Dakota, etc.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...5954255.php#/0

my wife's best friend, was sent home from Kansas [back to Houston] before Christmas
    .... the project her husband was working on was shut down he was a pipe fitter working on various expansion projects in the last 5 yrs .....

[they were supposed to be there 3 yrs]
    Last edited by GURPS; 01-10-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

$1.90 today with Sheetz card at Dahlgren.

diesel finally below 3.00 in some places too.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.