$1.99 gas .

tuffenuff2

With Sheetz card we paid $1.96 for a gallon of gas at Dahlgren yesterday. It's $1.99 without sheetz card. :dance:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You're at the wrong Sheetz. I paid this yesterday. It's $1.90 closer to Montross.

Attachments

• 10378145_10205431383201110_1214542420073193855_n.jpg
    10378145_10205431383201110_1214542420073193855_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 314

tommyjo

So where are all the freaks on the right (ya hear me GRUPS, Hijinx,. Gilligan, MamaTutu) proclaiming their love of Mr. Obama?

One of their initial and, incredibly wrong (as usual) complaints about Mr. Obama was that gas prices were below $2 when he came into office and then rose. Of course, none of these mental giants understand that the President has zero impact on gas prices...how many times did that have to get explained to LG before he stopped stating it? None of them considered that we were in a damn near depression in early 2009.

Now that oil has dropped so drastically (also without any impact from a weak and ineffectual President), these same mental giants are either mute or have all of a sudden grasped the concept of supply and demand!

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think we could be, and should be, experiencing gas below $1.00 if this government would get our dependency off foreign oil, start drilling here at home/offshore, stand up more refineries, approve the Keystone Pipeline... And if we had been doing this from the beginning we should have never gone above $1.00.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So where are all the freaks on the right (ya hear me GRUPS, Hijinx,. Gilligan, MamaTutu) proclaiming their love of Mr. Obama?

One of their initial and, incredibly wrong (as usual) complaints about Mr. Obama was that gas prices were below $2 when he came into office and then rose. Of course, none of these mental giants understand that the President has zero impact on gas prices...how many times did that have to get explained to LG before he stopped stating it? None of them considered that we were in a damn near depression in early 2009.

Now that oil has dropped so drastically (also without any impact from a weak and ineffectual President), these same mental giants are either mute or have all of a sudden grasped the concept of supply and demand!

*yawn*

MikeT

Some of them probably have no problem paying $4 for a cup of Starbucks though. :lmao:

I drive between Tappahannock and St.Mary's a lot so it actually saves me quite a bit.

SG_Player1974

So wait... wait... wait.... I know that you won't be responding to this BUT...

Are you HONESTLY trying to say that the reason for gasoline at the pump falling in price more than 35% over the last 10-12 months is supply and demand and nothing more? :doh:

So I guess... according to you... that the world's demand for oil has dropped this much in the whole last 1 year -AND/OR- the supply has risen SO much.... and just all on it's lonesome with no political factors what-so-ever huh?

BRILLIANT! :killingme

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
So wait... wait... wait.... I know that you won't be responding to this BUT...

Are you HONESTLY trying to say that the reason for gasoline at the pump falling in price more than 35% over the last 10-12 months is supply and demand and nothing more? :doh:

So I guess... according to you... that the world's demand for oil has dropped this much in the whole last 1 year -AND/OR- the supply has risen SO much.... and just all on it's lonesome with no political factors what-so-ever huh?

BRILLIANT! :killingme

It's only a matter of time until OPEC decides to throttle back, in the mean time we should be drilling more wells here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
in the mean time we should be drilling more wells here.

That cannot happen right now. In fact...the opposite is generally the case; there is beginning to be a major rollback and reduction in all manner of oil industry operations as the falling price makes fewer operations profitable enough to continue.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
That cannot happen right now. In fact...the opposite is generally the case; there is beginning to be a major rollback and reduction in all manner of oil industry operations as the falling price makes fewer operations profitable enough to continue.

They don't need to pump, just drill the hole. That way, when OPEC says "You've had enough" we are ready to ramp up our own production. Like hiding snickers in the sock drawer.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They don't need to pump, just drill the hole.

"They" are just regular business people that have to make a buck. At the moment, unprofitable holes are being shut down and there will be an increasing number of those for every additional dollar drop in the price of a barrel..

DynaDink

I think we could be, and should be, experiencing gas below $1.00 if this government would get our dependency off foreign oil, start drilling here at home/offshore, stand up more refineries, approve the Keystone Pipeline... And if we had been doing this from the beginning we should have never gone above $1.00.

This will never happen here. Too many eco terrorists and hands out politicians.

bilbur

I can't remember the article and I can't find the source but I thought I heard that oil prices are dropping because the foreign oil producers are flooding the market and trying to make it not profitable for the US to continue their drilling operations. The article said that the foreign companies are loosing money to try and run the US companies out of business and it also said it is projected that the days of the $100 + barrel are over for the foreseeable future. I could be way off and I wish I could find the article again but personally I think the drop in price gives us a much needed break especially during this time while trying to recover from the holiday's so I don't care who is responsible and I hope it continues for a little while.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can't remember the article and I can't find the source but I thought I heard that oil prices are dropping because the foreign oil producers are flooding the market and trying to make it not profitable for the US to continue their drilling operations. The article said that the foreign companies are loosing money to try and run the US companies out of business and it also said it is projected that the days of the $100 + barrel are over for the foreseeable future. I could be way off and I wish I could find the article again but personally I think the drop in price gives us a much needed break especially during this time while trying to recover from the holiday's so I don't care who is responsible and I hope it continues for a little while.

There isn't a coordinated effort; rather there is simply a worldwide glut of oil and oil production capacity. What is somewhat unusual is that OPEC has been irrelevant and ineffective this time around, and not able to coordinate a reduction in member-country output. There is some speculation that the Saudis are refusing to cut their production in an effort to undermine the US operations, many of which have much higher break-even points (some as high as $80/barrel) than what the Saudis get out of their fields. Saudi production costs are really low.

The economic "shot in the arm" for the US is huge...yes indeed. For everyone except the oil industry anyway.