Would you drink Bill Gates poop water?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Last edited:

jesj

In a word, yes.

As long as any modern wastewater treatment plant is working correctly, the water leaving the plant is generally cleaner than the water entering the water treatment plant. Unfortunately, consumers' irrational fear prevents us from being able to use this water, despite the real and monetary benefits (less pumping costs, less treatment costs, lowered demand from the aquifer, etc).

The sludge this design uses is the physical waste from the wastewater treatment plant, which is generally just spread out and left to dry, either on or off site.

I expect the actual issues with this design are in the ROI, maintenance costs, and consumables.

As an aside, anyone who looks at this and thinks, "Ew! I'd never drink water that had poop in it ever!" Realize that ALL water has had poop in it. The water you use in your morning coffee has had things having sex in it. Go far enough up through the sources of your water, and I guarantee that you will currently find something dead floating along. Water treatment works. The source is irrelevant.