Place your bets now on school status tomorrow

TPD

the poor dad
While at dinner with friends tonight, the talk among the teenagers was whether school would be on time, delayed, or cancelled tomorrow morning. Seeing as how the roads have already been treated & the temp is in the upper thirties at the moment, I'm all in with an on time opening.

The fried oysters at Chiefs were excellent tonight BTW! :drool:

GregV814

In my opinion, we have turned into a nanny pamby sissyazz State of chicken little children being run by lawyers. Oh? you dont think lawyers in the County and State governments have anything to do with these decisions????? There was no odds at all. As soon as some prognosticator suggests precipitation, the gears meshed..

Thank you, abandon your car and ask Obama to help bail you out!!

Last edited:

SamSpade

The worst I can recall was last year when a day was called on account of *cold*. Not snow - not hurricane or tornado watch, not dangerous driving conditions. COLD.
And it wasn't even below zero.

Hannibal

Roads were just wet this morning at around 5AM. Granted, only a small stretch of my run in Charles County is off a main road but I saw no issues. Perhaps some of the more rural routes were slick? Temps held at 34 all the way out of the County.

I do know the further you went north, the worse it got. I got guys working in Elkridge/Jessup who said everything off the main roads were bad. Temp in Laurel was 32 and 95 was just wet.

glhs837

Power with Control
Told the son to make sure he donned his bubble wrap suit before heading out the door. Christ, I rode my motorcycle today. And I'm a bit picky about possible icing.

KDENISE977

Driveway was a sheet of ice this morning, couldn't make it up(I have half mile up hill drive). Turned around and kid and I are having pizza for breakfast :lol:

I think the St. Mary's County school delay was because of the freeze line being so close to the northern neck of the county.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
South end of Lex Pk. Nothing else, anywhere, was icy. Just weird.

Not really weird, I have heard it said that you are as cold as ice, that you have ice flowing through your veins and you even have "ice" in your userid, so would ice being on your steps really be weird? :biggrin:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not really weird, I have heard it said that you are as cold as ice, that you have ice flowing through your veins and you even have "ice" in your userid, so would ice being on your steps really be weird? :biggrin:

Maybe it iced over when I stepped on it. Dang.