Point Lookout Lighthouse Break-in - January 4, 2015 @1:20 am

PLLPS

On January 4th, around 1:20 am in the morning, two vandals broke into the Point Lookout Lighthouse, damaging a historic window. A compilation video of the miscreants can be found on YouTube at:

http://youtu.be/jx7IUOVd9lI

If you know either of the suspects, please contact Natural Resources Police Officer Jason Kreider at 410-260-8888 or by email at jason.kreider@maryland.gov

Every break-in causes us to lose more of the historic fabric of this uniquely Southern MD landmark. I wish someone could explain the thrill to illegally entering the lighthouse; we have special daytime and nighttime programs available to allow folks to LEGALLY be in the lighthouse and without damaging the structure.

Please visit us on Saturday, April 4th at our next scheduled open house. We love having visitors- during our regularly scheduled events! Details at http://www.pllps.org/upcomingevents.shtml

Thank you in advance for your help,

Robert Hall
President, Point Lookout Lighthouse Preservation Society (PLLPS), Inc.
www.PLLPS.org

Last edited:

Goldenhawk

I wish someone could explain the thrill to illegally entering the lighthouse; we have special daytime and nighttime programs available to allow folks to LEGALLY be in the lighthouse and without damaging the structure.
I really don't think history or the building was the thrill. I'm guessing that the daytime program is very much too public for their interest in entering the lighthouse.

Let's see... Young guy and girl sneak into a closed building at 1:21AM, after six minutes downstairs they head upstairs (where the lighthouse dwelling is...), and reappear at about 2:10AM. Afterwards, unlike before, the girl's hairdo is mussed up, her hood is out of position, and the guy's shirttail is hanging out. What do YOU think they were likely doing? :huggy: :smoochy: :love:

As to finding them, they're using a cell phone as a flashlight. Subpoena cell phone records for 1/4 at 1:20AM... not many people are that far south on Pt Lookout at that time of the morning.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've done the deed in many public places in my younger days, but never risked a B&E charge for a piece of tail. The dude ought just buy a van.

It's a shame they had to destroy historic property just to get their yayas off.

FollowTheMoney

It was just a piece of glass for some ass... geez. The sand on the beach is older than the glass, use it to make a new one. If it is really that important, come up with a better security apparatus. ie, premises sounding alarm, alarm link to Sheriff office, lights on when triggered, etc. A passive camera does absolutely nothing except for maybe after the fact.

dan0623_2000

God how I wish I could be standing behind the door as they entered the hallway in the first part of the video. Be no problem tracking them down. Just follow the brown trail. LOL
Besides paying for a actual historic window and it's installation, they should be made to do about 80 hours of community service helping to restore the light house.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I really don't think history or the building was the thrill. I'm guessing that the daytime program is very much too public for their interest in entering the lighthouse.

Let's see... Young guy and girl sneak into a closed building at 1:21AM, after six minutes downstairs they head upstairs (where the lighthouse dwelling is...), and reappear at about 2:10AM. Afterwards, unlike before, the girl's hairdo is mussed up, her hood is out of position, and the guy's shirttail is hanging out. What do YOU think they were likely doing? :huggy: :smoochy: :love:

As to finding them, they're using a cell phone as a flashlight. Subpoena cell phone records for 1/4 at 1:20AM... not many people are that far south on Pt Lookout at that time of the morning.

Are you the person that draws that piece in the Sunday comics with the two pictures, challenging readers to find the six things that are different in the second caption?

homedepot20

They had to Freeze their A$$ off !!!!!!

RPMDAD

The comment under the youtube video supports your theory

PLLPS

I must be getting old....my first thought was that she put the hood on her jacket to keep warm.....it gets very cold in the lighthouse!

mamatutu

mama to two
PLLPS, I don't understand the disrespect of property, much less historic property by the perps, or some replying to this thread that are making a joke about it. It seems we read about a break in at the lighthouse once, or twice a year. With all the coverage, I am sure the perps will be identified. Thanks for posting so the public can be aware, and possibly help. :yay:

Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
It was just a piece of glass for some ass... geez. The sand on the beach is older than the glass, use it to make a new one. If it is really that important, come up with a better security apparatus. ie, premises sounding alarm, alarm link to Sheriff office, lights on when triggered, etc. A passive camera does absolutely nothing except for maybe after the fact.

I agree about different security measures. I don't agree with the idea of being so flippant with "it was just a piece of glass..." Regardless, it is B&E.

FollowTheMoney

I agree about different security measures. I don't agree with the idea of being so flippant with "it was just a piece of glass..." Regardless, it is B&E.
Tongue-in-cheek. Sorry. I just can not take the matter seriously if the President of PLLPS or the State of Maryland for that matter, can't, by way of better active security system. This has been going on for years. Maybe it is their sick twisted way of seeking advertising, adding to the mystic and history of the place to garner more visitors. Maybe it's even a false flag event with the PLLPS in on the break-in paying those kids to go in there for the news coverage? Yeah, it's a stretch, has no credibility, just like their security!

SG_Player1974

Just wondering where the REST of the video footage is........

I'm sure they have "other" cameras in there. The ones that caught the REAL action.

PLLPS

PLLPS, I don't understand the disrespect of property, much less historic property by the perps, or some replying to this thread that are making a joke about it. It seems we read about a break in at the lighthouse once, or twice a year. With all the coverage, I am sure the perps will be identified. Thanks for posting so the public can be aware, and possibly help. :yay:

Thank you for the kind words mamatutu, and with the public's help, the perp's have been caught in the past. I assure you, the state and PLLPS have and will continue to implement additional security measures, which obviously I can't elaborate on because I don't want to create a cookbook for how to break in. PLLPS is an all-volunteer non-profit organization with limited funds, so we do the best we can with what we have. Our mission is to work with the state to make the lighthouse available to the public and to assist with the restoration. The mystique of the lighthouse goes far beyond the stories and we encourage the public to come visit us at an open house and also check out the Civil War history of the rest of the park as well. Our ultimate goal is to restore the lighthouse complex to the 1927 era.

sockgirl77

Tongue-in-cheek. Sorry. I just can not take the matter seriously if the President of PLLPS or the State of Maryland for that matter, can't, by way of better active security system. This has been going on for years. Maybe it is their sick twisted way of seeking advertising, adding to the mystic and history of the place to garner more visitors. Maybe it's even a false flag event with the PLLPS in on the break-in paying those kids to go in there for the news coverage? Yeah, it's a stretch, has no credibility, just like their security!

Are you ####ing kidding me? Why don't you donate so they can afford a better security system? Fact is, these punks need to stop getting into trouble. Just like the first idiots that did it not once but twice, someone will rat them out. I hope the girl is paranoid thinking that the camera may have caught her with her panties down to her ankles.

FollowTheMoney

Are you ####ing kidding me? Why don't you donate so they can afford a better security system? Fact is, these punks need to stop getting into trouble. Just like the first idiots that did it not once but twice, someone will rat them out. I hope the girl is paranoid thinking that the camera may have caught her with her panties down to her ankles.
Why not does PLLPS enter into an agreement with a local security business and trade a security system for advertising? Such as on a plaque posted, "The Lighthouse grounds are protected by a donated security system from ABC Security Company in Leonardtown MD, and on their website and brochures etc? Is that soooo hard to do?