Endocinologists

idiganthro

My PCP wants to refer me to an endocrinologist. Of the providers our insurance shows, the closest is Fort Washington. The two within an hour that have the best reviews are Dr. Popovenuic in Washington DC or Dr. Onumah in Bowie.

Dr. Coo in Alexandria, VA is a little further but has great reviews.

Do any of you have any experience with any of these docs?

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How do you determine who is a good doctor? Are you using reviews from random people?

idiganthro

I looked on multiple MD sites and read reviews. Some from "verified patients" and some from random people. If I can narrow down what seems to be the best options I'll give one a try, and if that one doesn't work I'll move to the next. There were a few doctor's with overall dismal reviews on multiple sites, which I will probably avoid. Other than first hand recommendations I'm not sure how else to go about it.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Other than first hand recommendations I'm not sure how else to go about it.

I'm not questioning your approach. I was interested in how you were going about it.

I'm also amazed when people declare that such and such is a good hospital. What makes it good?

Best of luck in finding what you need.

BOP

I'm not questioning your approach. I was interested in how you were going about it.

I'm also amazed when people declare that such and such is a good hospital. What makes it good?

Best of luck in finding what you need.

You didn't die? :shrug:

Hannibal

While a bit further, I can only rave about MD Endocrine and specifically Dr. Argento. They are in Columbia (about an hour drive) but have been wonderful to my wife (T1) and I (T2). She's been seeing him since she was diagnosed as a 12 year old.

idiganthro

Dr. Coo wasn't taking new patients, so Dr. Popoveniuc will get getting a visit. Dr. Argento wasn't in our network.
Thanks!