Pax closed?

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
nas pax.png

merc669

Restrictive access.
Critical employees only.

Except for Contractor Personnel...This is directed towards Federal and Military only...

Roads; Bay Ridge to 5 and Great Mills was nasty at 5:30 am. Great Mills was doable, Pax itself was nasty and coming thru Gate #2. Might be better now.

PeoplesElbow

Except for Contractor Personnel...This is directed towards Federal and Military only...

Roads; Bay Ridge to 5 and Great Mills was nasty at 5:30 am. Great Mills was doable, Pax itself was nasty and coming thru Gate #2. Might be better now.

Last year everyone in my building was told that unless you are critical to the facility, and if you weren't directly told that you are then you should not be here, contractor, government, and military, get out.

keekee

Last year everyone in my building was told that unless you are critical to the facility, and if you weren't directly told that you are then you should not be here, contractor, government, and military, get out.

...and if you are a contractor do you still get paid for your time, or are you forced to take leave?

Nobody seems to be able to answer that question at my bldg.! Therefore, I am at work.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
... I may or may not have used a spatula as an ice scraper this morning. :coffee: No tree branches though. :nono:

I've used a spatula to scrape ice. They usually work better than the ice scrapers you buy to do that particular job. I've also used a push broom to get the snow off the top of my car.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...and if you are a contractor do you still get paid for your time, or are you forced to take leave?

Nobody seems to be able to answer that question at my bldg.! Therefore, I am at work.

I have VPN Access and can Telecommute

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

It should be in your contract with the government.
For emergency base closures (to include closure due to inclement weather), the contracting officer should refer to the contract terms and conditions that address government down time. If the contract does not address emergency closures, the contracting officer should permit the contractor to (a) reschedule the time lost due to base closure; (b) report to an alternate duty location; or (c) provide equitable adjustment in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.

It's per discretion of the company. Contractors cannot charge directly to the contract, so you would have to be paid via company overhead.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's per discretion of the company. Contractors cannot charge directly to the contract, so you would have to be paid via company overhead.

Yet, I've seen some gubberment types :whistle: when their contractors don't show because of bad weather.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

With(all due)Respect, if overhead isn't written into the contract, you're going to be charged PTO, whether it be vacation or admin.