Place your bets: SMCPS on Thursday???

Popster

Since Thursday is a early dismissal day and the ice will be around over-night, what are the odds on school status tomorrow?

:popcorn:

TPD

the poor dad
IF I WERE THE SUPERINTENDENT, I would make the call right now - 2 hour delay tomorrow but extend the day to normal dismissal time and then reinstate Friday as a half day to make up for today. Teachers are gonna be there on Friday anyway, so go ahead and get this make-up day out of the way. But, I'm not in charge...

terbear1225

IF I WERE THE SUPERINTENDENT, I would make the call right now - 2 hour delay tomorrow but extend the day to normal dismissal time and then reinstate Friday as a half day to make up for today. Teachers are gonna be there on Friday anyway, so go ahead and get this make-up day out of the way. But, I'm not in charge...

Good idea! i hope someone at the board reads this.

dan0623_2000

God I love all the people here who know how to manage a school system when it comes to school closures. I wish I were that smart!!!!!!

sm8

I like that idea too but no matter what they decide to do there will be line of parents with pitch forks.

teacherhm

Teachers won't be at their home schools on Friday - Friday is a county-wide professional development day, so it's not just teacher work time.