Recommendation for additions

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I am thinking of adding another garage bay to my existing two car garage and having a second story over the three bays. I would relocate a full bath to make access to the new space and in the new space add two bedrooms and the full bath. I need to get some estimates and then compare the cost to the resell value to see if it is worth it or better off buy another home that has the extra space I need. Anyone have a good recommendation? I am in Calvert. A friend had Scruggs construction put a second story on her existing house and he did good work for reasonable cost but I believe he is now out of business. Contact info did not work.

BigDogT

Scruggs is not out of business but partnered up with someone else under another name...Southern Md Roofing and Siding I think...it is my opinion that it is just a matter of time before that runs into a wall too. He did some work for a neighbor and a co-worker, and both had to get someone else to fix/finish the job. Neighbor had several items stolen from a shed during the work there and Mr. Scruggs swore it couldn't have been his guys...that it "must've been some kids in the neighborhood". Co-worker found out after the fact that he was in court over another job that was settled out of court. Sounds like a very charismatic and approachable person...until he starts the job...but pay no attention to me, look him up on the Maryland Judiciary website and make up your own mind...James Dean Scruggs.......and George Dale Scruggs his brother and sometimes partner.. http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquirySearchParam.jis