Runners wearing black at 6 AM

PeoplesElbow

This morning I was stopped at a stop sign and all of a sudden I saw a runner right in front of me. Since I was stopped I wasn't in danger of running over him but I did not see him until he was about 1 foot from the front of my car. Your health from running may be good, but you may end up being squashed by a car because you aren't very smart.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This morning I was stopped at a stop sign and all of a sudden I saw a runner right in front of me. Since I was stopped I wasn't in danger of running over him but I did not see him until he was about 1 foot from the front of my car. Your health from running may be good, but you may end up being squashed by a car because you aren't very smart.

Made a comment to the wife about the very subjsubject at JC Penny.. ALL their winter clothing was dark.. no whites, no yellows.. either Dark grey, black or brown.. for winter outerwear when we have the least amount of daylight? Doesn't make much sense.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Not sure if it's a law here or what, but every jogger, walker, dog walker etc. from dusk to dawn that I've ever seen always have on something reflective. People walking their dogs use reflective leashes and collars. I don't walk after dark just because I don't want to, but when in my car they are always visible. This is a good thing.

limblips

PREMO Member
And wearing earbuds or headphones. I see it on base all the time. Last I knew there was a Navy directive prohibiting jogging/bicycling/walking while wearing headphones or earbuds. Too bad they don't enforce that as well as they enforce cellphone use. Just yesterday I had a person walk across a two lane road while texting wearing earbuds, completely oblivious to the two cars that had to brake to avoid thm.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Can you imagine how much more productive it would be if we spent all this energy on training people to be BETTER drivers?

If you're running over joggers, if you're slamming into motorcycles and one another, the problem is NOT visibility or ear buds; it's piss poor driving. It's poor vision skills, poor driving skills, poor awareness. It's not the people and things you're running into and over. It is YOU. It is your inability to multitask or control your emotions or focus when you need to. There are lots and lots of brightly attired bikers and joggers in the morgue and lots and lots of ostensibly visible bikes and cars and clothing off to the junk pile.

Just saying. :buddies:

xobxdoc

Can you imagine how much more productive it would be if we spent all this energy on training people to be BETTER drivers?

If you're running over joggers, if you're slamming into motorcycles and one another, the problem is NOT visibility or ear buds; it's piss poor driving. It's poor vision skills, poor driving skills, poor awareness. It's not the people and things you're running into and over. It is YOU. It is your inability to multitask or control your emotions or focus when you need to. There are lots and lots of brightly attired bikers and joggers in the morgue and lots and lots of ostensibly visible bikes and cars and clothing off to the junk pile.

Have you considered taking up jogging?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Please tell you're just trying to stir the pot.

PeoplesElbow

I think I remember you saying before you can be right or dead right....do you drive without headlights at night? If not then maybe your driving sucks since you think you need them.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

You funny guy you! :buddies:

You can't fix stupid but you can run over it while it's wearing black at night. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think I remember you saying before you can be right or dead right....do you drive without headlights at night? If not then maybe your driving sucks since you think you need them.

I am ALL in favor of visibility. That said, it should be incredibly obvious to everyone that the greater threat and problem is poor driving. It ain't gonna make two ####s worth of difference if you're wearing neon green and have sparklers going; If I am texting, reaching for a CD, day dreaming, reading, putting on makeup, lighting a smoke, looking for the lighter, and/or simply can't drive very well it ain't gonna help.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Please tell you're just trying to stir the pot.

Of course I am stirring the pot. Show me a recipe where you don't.

The point stands; bad driving is the problem, here. People crash ALL the time, lights on, horns blaring, you name it. It is simply a sick, but assumed fact that the vast majority of people who kill riders, 5-800 pound machines with a person or two on top that, by law, have their lights on ALL the time, simply did not see them when they ran them over.

Poor vision skills. Poor distance control. Poor attention.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
What is the problem, here? Someone wearing black or the SUV roaring down the sidewalk?
OP said he was stopped at a light fool! Not driving down a sidewalk. :lol: How can you take someones stupidity and blame others? That's the democrat way. Ut oh!! LARRY!!! Please say it aint so!!! :jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OP said he was stopped at a light fool! Not driving down a sidewalk. :lol: How can you take someones stupidity and blame others? That's the democrat way. Ut oh!! LARRY!!! Please say it aint so!!! :jameo:

So, when you're stopped and see someone run in front of you, run them over. Have at it. Then get out and yell at them for messing up your car. When people run, they're in their own little world, as you darn well know, and they feel pretty in control when maneuvering around cars and what not. Should one wear brighter stuff? Sure, but, I'm gonna guess this runner was not out on their first job, maybe all their bright stuff was dirty or whatever but, they 'felt' the 'English' of the OP's car and felt it was safe enough to go. Whatever.

This blows my mind. We don't even agree that poor driving is a HUGE problem in this nation! It is a ONE TRILLION dollar a year business, auto repair!!!! What's gonna make the world a better place, reflective clothing or better driving?

Pick one.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Of course I am stirring the pot. Show me a recipe where you don't.

The point stands; bad driving is the problem, here. People crash ALL the time, lights on, horns blaring, you name it. It is simply a sick, but assumed fact that the vast majority of people who kill riders, 5-800 pound machines with a person or two on top that, by law, have their lights on ALL the time, simply did not see them when they ran them over.

Poor vision skills. Poor distance control. Poor attention.

It's a complete waste of time debating the stupidity of people doing things that make it impossible to be seen on the road; which is what the OP is about. Stupidity exists equally on all sides: cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicyclers, joggers... The OP is a example of a really stupid jogger, and you made it about stupid drivers. You took things way out of the water, let alone jumping the shark.

PeoplesElbow

So, when you're stopped and see someone run in front of you, run them over. Have at it. Then get out and yell at them for messing up your car. When people run, they're in their own little world, as you darn well know, and they feel pretty in control when maneuvering around cars and what not. Should one wear brighter stuff? Sure, but, I'm gonna guess this runner was not out on their first job, maybe all their bright stuff was dirty or whatever but, they 'felt' the 'English' of the OP's car and felt it was safe enough to go. Whatever.

This blows my mind. We don't even agree that poor driving is a HUGE problem in this nation! It is a ONE TRILLION dollar a year business, auto repair!!!! What's gonna make the world a better place, reflective clothing or better driving?

Pick one.

It was a stop sign, it was black outside, the guy was wearing black and he went right across in front of me assuming that I saw him.

Many joggers down here don't even look to cross the road. My office window overlooks an intersection and I see people all day just run across the intersection rather than stop to make sure they aren't going to get ran over. Runners also will run on the road instead of the sidewalk because it is supposedly easier on the joints.

A crack whore once ran out in front of my car to stop me to ask for a cigarette, i almost hit her, it wouldn't have been my fault but that doesn't mean I wanted to be inconvenienced by her, get a dent in my car from her or her crack whore blood on my car.

PeoplesElbow

It's a complete waste of time debating the stupidity of people doing things that make it impossible to be seen on the road; which is what the OP is about. Stupidity exists equally on all sides: cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicyclers, joggers... The OP is a example of a really stupid jogger, and you made it about stupid drivers. You took things way out of the water, let alone jumping the shark.

Surprisingly he hasn't mentions Bush or TARP in relation to this yet.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I

A crack whore once ran out in front of my car to stop me to ask for a cigarette, i almost hit her, it wouldn't have been my fault but that doesn't mean I wanted to be inconvenienced by her, get a dent in my car from her or her crack whore blood on my car.

I hear that! :lol:

Well, you were there so, it was pretty close, huh?