Red Oak Bistro

lovinmaryland

Anyone been? If so how was it?
http://www.redoakbistro.com/

Heading over there tonight for a few drinks & apps before our movie. We've heard good things from a few different Chuck County friends...however they also said that Prime Street Grille was fantastic and it definitely was not when we ate there :dead:

$1.50 PBR's or Natty Boh's is kinda hard to resist though :buddies:

acommondisaster

i keep hearing how great Red Oak Bistro is, but I've done take out there for work twice. Once, because I'd heard how great their food was, and a second time to give them another chance. Haven't been back, wasn't impressed. Not a big fan of PSG, either, but I haven't been there since they reopened. It's a pretty big hangout for one of the county commissioners and his entourage.

lovinmaryland

Wasnt impressed either. They had a nice selection of craft beers and decent prices for the beer. The food was completely underwhelming. Disappointing in fact. We had planned on going there for happy hour (they have it daily which is nice) having a few drinks & appetizers before our movie. However when our "fried" calamari came out we skipped ordering any other food. It was THAT bad! Not only did it not taste good (not at all crispy more like sauteed) the portion size was super small. Ive been to bistro's before so I know not to expect large portions but for $10 I thought this was a little ridiculous. The couple next to us ordered the Truffle Fries and the portion on those was crazy small also (think small fry from mcdonalds) for $8 thats silly.

We'd probably go back for happy hour because seruously $1.50 PBR's or Natty Boh's :buddies:...but Id make sure I ate before I went :lol:

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 450