Metrocast Internet Problems??

SG_Player1974

Anyone else having internet problems since earlier this afternoon? A lot of people in my area (Hollywood) are saying their's has been intermittent or down for most of the afternoon.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Anyone else having internet problems since earlier this afternoon? A lot of people in my area (Hollywood) are saying their's has been intermittent or down for most of the afternoon.

You should call them and threaten that you are going to cancel.

No problems here.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Someone in Mechanicsville reported problems. I am also in Hollywood but have been watching Netflix so I'm not sure if mine is out. I have Verizon Internet.

SG_Player1974

Just a quick update....

Turns out that a simple reset of the modem fixed the issue however, it was a bit more interesting.

I called Metrocast and was told, in so many words, that "occasionally" ANY modem will lose contact with their servers and a reset would be required to re-establish comunications. So, if your modem looks fine but... your internet is down, you will have to reset the modem.

Goldenhawk

"occasionally" ANY modem will lose contact with their servers and a reset would be required to re-establish comunications. So, if your modem looks fine but... your internet is down, you will have to reset the modem.
...Maybe so, but it should be rather rare. Mine is currently showing 36 days uninterrupted up time.

Your modem probably has a built-in status page; my Motorola Surfboard has a config page at
http://192.168.100.1
The Signal page there has information on errors on each of the eight download and two upload channels; excessive errors on one channel indicate some kind of line problem. It also has a Log page showing recent failures and status changes.

Do some research on your own modem, and you may find something useful.