Our all-American hero Michael Moore

PsyOps

Pixelated
Progressives, when they feel they're becoming irrelevant, vilify something that is near and dear to most Americans: Our military.

‘American Sniper’ Targeted By Michael Moore; Says Shooters “Cowards”

The Palme d’Or-winning director of the highest-grossing documentary ever has made it very clear today he does not like the Clint Eastwood-helmed Oscar nominee nor its subject, Navy SEAL Chris Kyle. In a tweet Sunday, Fahrenheit 9/11 and former AMPAS Governor Michael Moore lashed out at American Sniper and Kyle, who has been credited as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history:

Michael Moore Tweet said:
My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Does anyone really care what this idiot thinks? I think the thing is, he doesn't think he just spews.

Hijinx

Does anyone really care what this idiot thinks? I think the thing is, he doesn't think he just spews.

You beat me to it. Like you say. Only a first rate total idiot with a wild hair up his butt would even give a thought to what a lying sack of Doo like Michael Moore thinks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, anyone care to at least address the point or is it simply the messenger?

We laud the greatest generation all the time. Well, our Marines in the pacific HATED Japanese snipers and for the very reasons MM mentions. They were sneaky, cunning, skilled and good at it. Clint gonna make a movie celebrating the Japanese Sniper of WWII? His sacrifice? The issues he faced? His demons?

We don't have to be reflexive in our opinions and call our snipers good and theirs bad. Their big spending bad and ours good. We can, if we like, give points and ideas some thought and then respond.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, anyone care to at least address the point or is it simply the messenger?

We laud the greatest generation all the time. Well, our Marines in the pacific HATED Japanese snipers and for the very reasons MM mentions. They were sneaky, cunning, skilled and good at it. Clint gonna make a movie celebrating the Japanese Sniper of WWII? His sacrifice? The issues he faced? His demons?

We don't have to be reflexive in our opinions and call our snipers good and theirs bad. Their big spending bad and ours good. We can, if we like, give points and ideas some thought and then respond.

:buddies:

Given it’s someone that has never put the uniform on, I think ‘the messenger’ is appropriate. MM is a high-profile figure in this country. A lot of people take what he says seriously; even though most of us in this forum may not. Calling any of our troops, that volunteered to go into a hostile place, with the knowledge that they will likely come out in a body bag, regardless of whether they were a cook, the guy that emptied the latrines, the gal that ran the comm lines, or the guy that sat on a high post taking target at things thousands of feet away, and did this at the behest of our government, they deserve far, far more from Americans that are enjoying the peaceful and prosperous living, like Michael Moore, that is protected by these heroes, than to be called cowards. To sit comfortably in your home and not recognize what it is our military is there to do – regardless of whether you agree with what they are specifically doing – is the height of cowardice.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Given it’s someone that has never put the uniform on, I think ‘the messenger’ is appropriate. MM is a high-profile figure in this country. A lot of people take what he says seriously; even though most of us in this forum may not. Calling any of our troops, that volunteered to go into a hostile place, with the knowledge that they will likely come out in a body bag, regardless of whether they were a cook, the guy that emptied the latrines, the gal that ran the comm lines, or the guy that sat on a high post taking target at things thousands of feet away, and did this at the behest of our government, they deserve far, far more from Americans that are enjoying the peaceful and prosperous living, like Michael Moore, that is protected by these heroes, than to be called cowards. To sit comfortably in your home and not recognize what it is our military is there to do – regardless of whether you agree with what they are specifically doing – is the height of cowardice.

Likely??? How many people have served in our current wars and how many have died? I think Rumsfeld pointed out that you were more likely to get shot in DC than a US trooper in Iraq.

Moore is wrong to call anyone who sacrifices and joins up, volunteers, a coward. I despise the guy. But, the point about snipers has history from the 'good old days' many of us often pine for. Our grandfathers thought a sniper a vile thing. They just did. This is why I am interested to see if the movie conforms with the book because, at the end of the day, Kyle shot nearly 200 people he, by his book, considered less than human and we sent him there and what he did in our name did not serve to give MM or any of us one ounce more of freedom. If anything, the way we have allowed the wars to be fought, our liberty has been reduced. That's not Kyle's fault. It is ours. By trying to make the filthy job we sent him to do 'noble' and 'in defense of freedom' we do not serve his memory or sacrifice any honor. Our soldiers, our cops, those who sacrifice the most, are doing so while we pile more and more expectations on them that make their jobs a LOT harder than they need be. If we fought the Iraq war to win, snipers would barely be part of the conversation. They wouldn't have been needed much at all in the face of massive use of the force we possess to actually win at war. As is, we tried to make it 'clean' with predictable results. We saw this movie before in Vietnam and Korea; the waste of US lives and treasure.

Kyle is a symptom. We want to celebrate him, call everyone a hero who fought for our freedom to salve over how much we wasted their sacrifice by not letting them do the damn job they thought they were sacrificing for. They did what we asked. Look at what we asked them to do; "Go kill people, Kyle. Nothing will come of it that serves the nation but, go do it anyway."

BOP

They don't make a uniform big enough for moore.

Or a chow hall.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Likely??? How many people have served in our current wars and how many have died? I think Rumsfeld pointed out that you were more likely to get shot in DC than a US trooper in Iraq.

Moore is wrong to call anyone who sacrifices and joins up, volunteers, a coward. I despise the guy. But, the point about snipers has history from the 'good old days' many of us often pine for. Our grandfathers thought a sniper a vile thing. They just did. This is why I am interested to see if the movie conforms with the book because, at the end of the day, Kyle shot nearly 200 people he, by his book, considered less than human and we sent him there and what he did in our name did not serve to give MM or any of us one ounce more of freedom. If anything, the way we have allowed the wars to be fought, our liberty has been reduced. That's not Kyle's fault. It is ours. By trying to make the filthy job we sent him to do 'noble' and 'in defense of freedom' we do not serve his memory or sacrifice any honor. Our soldiers, our cops, those who sacrifice the most, are doing so while we pile more and more expectations on them that make their jobs a LOT harder than they need be. If we fought the Iraq war to win, snipers would barely be part of the conversation. They wouldn't have been needed much at all in the face of massive use of the force we possess to actually win at war. As is, we tried to make it 'clean' with predictable results. We saw this movie before in Vietnam and Korea; the waste of US lives and treasure.

Kyle is a symptom. We want to celebrate him, call everyone a hero who fought for our freedom to salve over how much we wasted their sacrifice by not letting them do the damn job they thought they were sacrificing for. They did what we asked. Look at what we asked them to do; "Go kill people, Kyle. Nothing will come of it that serves the nation but, go do it anyway."

:groan:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

How did Kyle, who volunteered and took an oath, how did what we ordered him to do protect freedom in a nation that, while he was deployed, went about adding the TSA, the DHS and the Patriot Act?
Do you think we, the people, took proper care and concern over how OUR military was being used?

PeoplesElbow

Within the ranks of soldiers up until Vietnam snipers were outcasts that regular soldiers did not care for. I believe I saw a documentary once that likened the civil war snipers to the black regiments, the regulars didn't want anything to do with them.

Michael Moore is still a fat turd though.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
How did Kyle, who volunteered and took an oath, how did what we ordered him to do protect freedom in a nation that, while he was deployed, went about adding the TSA, the DHS and the Patriot Act?
Do you think we, the people, took proper care and concern over how OUR military was being used?

Kyle's sniper duty, "to take out those that would kill ours", is a true "to protect freedom" job. It wasn't his choice to go over there to do this, it is just what he does, if you have got a problem with him doing his job take it up with those that sent him to do it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Within the ranks of soldiers up until Vietnam snipers were outcasts that regular soldiers did not care for. I believe I saw a documentary once that likened the civil war snipers to the black regiments, the regulars didn't want anything to do with them.

Michael Moore is still a fat turd though.

The Soviet army was sure a big believer in the effectiveness of snipers and deployed thousands of them during WWII, a lot of them women. Some of those Finnish Army snipers were considered heroes too...with some astonishing kill numbers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Our grandfathers thought a sniper a vile thing. They just did.

:bs:

Right .... because we hated German Un-restricted Submarine Warfare, but we were Fat, Dumb and Happy to do the same thing to the Japs

..... Kyle shot nearly 200 people he, by his book, considered less than human and we sent him there and what he did in our name did not serve to give MM or any of us one ounce more of freedom. If anything, the way we have allowed the wars to be fought, our liberty has been reduced.

the 'enemy's is always dehumanized, how else do you get 1000's to kill each other
so you attribute the lack of another 9/11 to the efforts of the TSA / FBI ?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Without reading the book, seeing the movie, or knowing anything about it, speaking strictly generically:

#1, it's not supposed to be a fair fight and it's foolish to think we should make it one.

#2, civilizations don't typically celebrate their enemies. Our guys = good; their guys = bad. That's fairly universal.

#3, Michael Moore is a has-been who will do and say anything to get attention. He has serious self-esteem issues and is, in short, pathetic.

Yeah, Larry, we laud our American combat veterans. What a concept. Bet nobody ever did that before, eh? Chris Kyle had a story to tell and he told it. You don't have to like it or like him to find the movie interesting and worth watching. Moore is stupid when he calls Kyle a "coward" - I'll bet he wouldn't dare say that to his face, so who's the coward? His comment is ignorant and only some ignorant filthy hippie would give it any credence.

Hijinx

Without reading the book, seeing the movie, or knowing anything about it, speaking strictly generically:

#1, it's not supposed to be a fair fight and it's foolish to think we should make it one.

#2, civilizations don't typically celebrate their enemies. Our guys = good; their guys = bad. That's fairly universal.

#3, Michael Moore is a has-been who will do and say anything to get attention. He has serious self-esteem issues and is, in short, pathetic.

Yeah, Larry, we laud our American combat veterans. What a concept. Bet nobody ever did that before, eh? Chris Kyle had a story to tell and he told it. You don't have to like it or like him to find the movie interesting and worth watching. Moore is stupid when he calls Kyle a "coward" - I'll bet he wouldn't dare say that to his face, so who's the coward? His comment is ignorant and only some ignorant filthy hippie would give it any credence.