Possibility of wintery mix North of DC - hurry to the store!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We must break into your regularly scheduled forum time due to a possible brief rain/smow as the result of a Clipper.

I realize I was MIA during the last SMOW event in SoMD. However, have no fear, I am here now to save the day. Just in case the forecast shows the rain/smow line is closer to us tonight, we should all prepare:

Rush to the grocery store to buy the essentials before your neighbors clear the shelves. Don't forget TP, PT, Beer, Milk and Bread. Also buy extra shovels and ONLY pet friendly snow melt.

As you were ......

awpitt

Main Streeter
We must break into your regularly scheduled forum time due to a possible brief rain/smow as the result of a Clipper.

I realize I was MIA during the last SMOW event in SoMD. However, have no fear, I am here now to save the day. Just in case the forecast shows the rain/smow line is closer to us tonight, we should all prepare:

Rush to the grocery store to buy the essentials before your neighbors clear the shelves. Don't forget TP, PT, Beer, Milk and Bread. Also buy extra shovels and ONLY pet friendly snow melt.

As you were ......

I normally keep that sort of stuff on hand so there's no need for me to run to store due to lack of planning. Especially not for rain.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I normally keep that sort of stuff on hand so there's no need for me to run to store due to lack of planning. Especially not for rain.

Great, if I run short I'll stop by :biggrin:. Don't forget we need steaks for the barby too.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I don't like to make bets, but I am pretty sure we are long overdue for a big storm. A few inches here and there is nothing other than a nuisance (except to those who collided with other vehicles or fell in it).

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don't like to make bets, but I am pretty sure we are long overdue for a big storm. A few inches here and there is nothing other than a nuisance (except to those who collided with other vehicles or fell in it).

Well, the last significant snows we had were during the winter of 2009/2010 so we're going on 5 years.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Well, the last significant snows we had were during the winter of 2009/2010 so we're going on 5 years.

March 1 2009 was a nasty one. That was the day I decided to move to Florida. Never want to mess with that again.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My Weather Channel phone App doesn't even show temps below freezing overnight. :yawn:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Based on the latest reports, the issue for us is likely to be icing of the roads due to freezing temps,but the amount of smow should be minimal at this end of the system.

RPMDAD

As you were ......

Glad you are back on the job Ark. did take your advice and stopped and bought beer on the way home from work tonight. :cheers:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Based on the latest reports, the issue for us is likely to be icing of the roads due to freezing temps, .....

it was in the 50's today

Wunderground - for Fort Washington

Statement as of 8:44 PM EST on January 20, 2015

Winter Weather Advisory

... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 am to 6 PM
EST Wednesday...

* precipitation type... snow.

* Accumulations... 1 to 3 inches. Locally higher amounts possible... especially near the Mason-Dixon line.

* Timing... snow is expected to develop Wednesday morning... and continue through the daytime on Wednesday. The heaviest snow is expected from late morning through mid afternoon.

* Temperatures... in the lower to middle 30s.

* Winds... east around 5 mph.

* Impacts... temperatures will likely be near or below freezing Wednesday morning... allowing snow to accumulate on roadways and other surfaces. This will result in hazardous driving conditions during the latter portion of the morning commute. Slippery conditions could persist into the evening.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.

Foote's Forecast

2014-01-22.jpg

mamatutu

mama to two
Heaven forbid if southern Marylanders had to live in New England, Minnesota or the likes. What a bunch of babies. This is no different than being prepared for a hurricane, such as I lived growing up in NOLA. The key is being prepared like others have said here. It is always good to be prepared because we never know what will happen. I just wish people could learn to drive in the snow or very little snow. My hub lived in CO for 12 years. He laughs at the panic here. :lol:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Based on the latest reports, the issue for us is likely to be icing of the roads due to freezing temps,but the amount of smow should be minimal at this end of the system.

Don't know where you get your info but the forecast for SoMD is rain and temps above freezing.