“We no longer know what a menu is.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Domino’s Gets a Little Slice of Hell Trying to Comply with ‘Unworkable’ New Obamacare Regulation

BY KEVIN BOYD | BUSINESS, HEALTH, NATION

Elizabeth Harrington of the Washington Free Beacon interviewed Lynn Liddle, the executive Vice President at Domino’s Pizza, who said that the rule is unworkable in its current form:

One problem, Liddle said, is that the final rule broadly expanded the definition of what qualifies as a “menu.” Under the rule “menu” can refer to any writing that “used by a customer to make an order selection at the time the customer is viewing the writing,” which could apply to advertisements.

“We no longer know what a menu is,” Liddle said. “It’s really hard to interpret. Essentially they’re saying anything that a consumer can look at and make a potential ordering decision from is a menu.” She said this could apply to flyers, ads in the newspapers, or signs in the window.

There’s also a specific problem that pizza makers are facing:

A problem specific to pizza chains is the challenge of displaying a vast number of possible calorie totals across all of the materials that the rule potentially counts as a “menu.” Considering that Domino’s customers can customize their own pizzas, there is an endless number of possible combinations of toppings, each of which has a different calorie count. Liddle said a low-ball estimate of combinations Domino’s offers is 34 million. Pizza Hut has 2 billion possible combinations.

I guess Pizza Sellers should list the calories of the basic ingredients and give the customers a calculator

mamatutu

mama to two

You are right. It is really funny! How much government intrusion do we need before the bough breaks, or the reading of labels makes us all go cross eyed, or cross government! :killingme:

Do you like pizza? I don't. But, the intrusion of gov causes me heartburn. :patriot:

mamatutu

mama to two
I love pizza, but I don't eat white flour. That #### will kill you.

That is the truth. Only multi grain in our house, although limited. My daughter makes her own homemade pizzas. They are very healthy. Maybe, she could give the gov some tips via Pinterest! :lol:

Oh wait. How does that work when the gov cannot monitor your calorie intake at home. Will they start using some tech tool like the ones that they use to look through walls?

Hank

my war
That is the truth. Only multi grain in our house, although limited. My daughter makes her own homemade pizzas. They are very healthy. Maybe, she could give the gov some tips via Pinterest! :lol:

Oh wait. How does that work when the gov cannot monitor your calorie intake at home. Will they start using some tech tool like the ones that they use to look through walls?

And you really think this is news?

Hank

my war
It is not the top news, but it is a conversation. Thanks for trolling. Carry on, Kangaroo (my new name for you).

Ok. Smarty. So why shouldn't everyone post calorie and nutrition values? No wonder this country is an obese mess, which goes back to my original post that was censored and deleted.

Hijinx

More unintended consequences of stupid regulations that have no business except to mind someone else'

I believe they keep some mentally slow jack offs in Government offices to draw up stupid regulations.
The agencies drag them out of their closets every once in a while so the agency can appear to be doing something.

Hank

my war
More unintended consequences of stupid regulations that have no business except to mind someone else'

I believe they keep some mentally slow jack offs in Government offices to draw up stupid regulations.
The agencies drag them out of their closets every once in a while so the agency can appear to be doing something.

Ok... So aside from you that obviously doesn't care about health, why shouldn't someone who consumes a product be in the dark about the nutritional values? Or even ingredients or where these animals that we are eating are raised?

Hijinx

Ok... So aside from you that obviously doesn't care about health, why shouldn't someone who consumes a product be in the dark about the nutritional values? Or even ingredients or where these animals that we are eating are raised?

Someone who cares about their health does not need the Government to tell them how many calories there are in a ham sandwich.
Do you really need the Government to tell you that French Fries are cooked in grease?
Do you really need the Government to tell you that Chocolate has calories?

Do you really mean that you cannot make a decision on what to have for lunch unless the Government helps you make that decision?
Do you believe that people who want a pizza will stop buying one because the Government says they have too many calories?

Hank

my war
Someone who cares about their health does not need the Government to tell them how many calories there are in a ham sandwich.
Do you really need the Government to tell you that French Fries are cooked in grease?
Do you really need the Government to tell you that Chocolate has calories?

Do you really mean that you cannot make a decision on what to have for lunch unless the Government helps you make that decision?
Do you believe that people who want a pizza will stop buying one because the Government says they have too many calories?

Uhhh. Yes, some people count calories, dude. Yeah, the government shouldn't have to mandate it, the food makers should mandate it.

mamatutu

mama to two
Ok. Smarty. So why shouldn't everyone post calorie and nutrition values? No wonder this country is an obese mess, which goes back to my original post that was censored and deleted.

I didn't see you had a post that was censored and deleted. What the hell did you say? :lol: Most restaurants, food labels, etc. do tell nutrition value. But, I see the point about pizza when you have all the combos. I guess they could just list each pizza item that can be topped, and people could add it up on their own. Also, people are not obese because of this country. They are obese of their own choosing. I will say that some are obese by genetics, but that is the minority.

Hank

my war
I didn't see you had a post that was censored and deleted. What the hell did you say? :lol: Most restaurants, food labels, etc. do tell nutrition value. But, I see the point about pizza when you have all the combos. I guess they could just list each pizza item that can be topped, and people could add it up on their own. Also, people are not obese because of this country. They are obese of their own choosing. I will say that some are obese by genetics, but that is the minority.

Yeah, so what's the big deal? I have seen other restaurants list the nutritional value of extra toppings. Is it so hard to do?

mamatutu

mama to two
Yeah, so what's the big deal? I have seen other restaurants list the nutritional value of extra toppings. Is it so hard to do?

I just said the same thing you did. I am just happy that you called me smarty instead of a more derogatory name. There is hope for our country, after all! :lol:

Hijinx

Uhhh. Yes, some people count calories, dude. Yeah, the government shouldn't have to mandate it, the food makers should mandate it.

I am sorry you need all of that help. All of that stuff is readily available to those who need it without the Government getting into it, but some people really need Government I guess.

Hank

my war
I am sorry you need all of that help. All of that stuff is readily available to those who need it without the Government getting into it, but some people really need Government I guess.

Obviously it's not readily available if they are saying they can't provide it....

Hank

my war
I just said the same thing you did. I am just happy that you called me smarty instead of a more derogatory name. There is hope for our country, after all! :lol:

I want to make sweet love to you. What is the nutritional value for that?