Amazon Prime $72 today only

PeoplesElbow

On sale from the normal $99, I just had a free month membership and was on the fence at $99 but I am going to pull the trigger at $72. :yahoo:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
On sale from the normal $99, I just had a free month membership and was on the fence at $99 but I am going to pull the trigger at $72. :yahoo:

I got the free trial when I got my new kindle and totally forgot about it until they took the payment from my account, I canceled it. Never even used it for the trail, so I have no idea what it's about. Glad you got a good deal.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, the big deal is free shipping for Prime members on a silly amount of stuff. Easily save the $72 buck, depending on how much stuff you buy through them. Us, we do a lot of business with them, and so it's an easy thing. So many things you simply cannot get locally, like my new helmet, or the components the boy got for Xmas to build a new computer. Car parts, you name it.

tommyjo

Wow...you saved $27...on the other hand you paid $72 for a service you don't need. Congratulations...or something.

Wonderful money management acumen you possess...fits right in with your buy high, sell low approach to your TSP.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Wow...you saved $27...on the other hand you paid $72 for a service you don't need. Congratulations...or something.

Wonderful money management acumen you possess...fits right in with your buy high, sell low approach to your TSP.

Coming from someone who's used to getting free stuff. Unlike you, most people have to pay for things they get and any savings is a good thing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love my Amazon Prime. The free expedited shipping, sure, but you also get all sorts of free movies and TV shows to stream. Then there's the music streaming and the cloud storage. I think it's definitely worth it.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I can pretty regularly get free 6 month extensions by using the customer service chat window and complaining about something or another. Easy peasy. I think my average annualized cost is around $60 over the last 6 years or so.

glhs837

Power with Control

How do you know it's a service he doesn't need?

PeoplesElbow

Were you born a douche or did you have to work hard at it?

Psst it is cheaper than a year of streaming video on Netflix and the selection is better.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

...how is it any of your business what he spends his money on? :popcorn:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
...how is it any of your business what he spends his money on? :popcorn:

Guess TJ is out of govt subsidies this late in the month.

Amazon used to be a good deal, but not so much anymore here in Fl, where sales tax is now charged due to two distribution centers up and running in the TPA area.

RPMDAD

Guess TJ is out of govt subsidies this late in the month.

Amazon used to be a good deal, but not so much anymore here in Fl, where sales tax is now charged due to two distribution centers up and running in the TPA area.

Not sure if it is open yet, but they are opening one in Baltimore.

I got the free trial when I got my new kindle and totally forgot about it until they took the payment from my account, I canceled it. Never even used it for the trail, so I have no idea what it's about. Glad you got a good deal.

Before I forget again, thanks. :buddies:

A few times I considered paying for Amazon Prime, but never really cared enough to make my mind up. At $72 it seemed enough of a value that I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

There looks to be quite a bit of instant video available - I still think Netflix has a better selection overall, but there's more available with Prime than I expected, and quite a bit of it is different from what Netflix has.

Before I forget again, thanks. :buddies:

A few times I considered paying for Amazon Prime, but never really cared enough to make my mind up. At $72 it seemed enough of a value that I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

There looks to be quite a bit of instant video available - I still think Netflix has a better selection overall, but there's more available with Prime than I expected, and quite a bit of it is different from what Netflix has.

EDIT: Originally quoted the wrong post.

How the hell do you know what PeoplesElbow needs and whether that $72 represents a fair value for them in their circumstances? Do you know them in extra-forum (what used to be called 'real') life? Or maybe you've exchanged PMs where they've explained their circumstances and needs to you in more detail? If so, then I apologize for my accusational question. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that's not the case, so WTF is wrong with you?

You know, sometimes I consider stepping in and defending many of the points you make here in these forums - time allowing, that is. Maybe it's not so much defending as lending another voice to the (often correct) messages, a voice that some here might be less conditioned to reflexively dismiss than your own. A lot of the things you say are correct, you often know what you're talking about and the points you make are relevant and warranted in response to other things that are posted. That, as with all of us, is of course not always the case. But you could be a quite valuable member of these forums - making reasonable points and raising pertinent issues, countering some of the nonsense that gets posted here (as well as elsewhere). I also think that a lot of times you get ridiculed, or dismissed out of hand, undeservedly.

But then you'll go and make the kind of ridiculous post that you've made here, and I'll think - why should I bother to chime in to reinforce the fair points that you sometimes make? And you are so consistently unpleasant in your tone, even when you are making good points. Yes, I get that others are equally (or even more so) needlessly unpleasant toward you. Are they responding to your persistent unpleasantness, or you to theirs? Are you just frustrated because they dismiss the (sometimes) accurate and could-be helpful points you make? Does that justify your relentlessly derisive style?

Frankly, I don't know which direction of unpleasantness came first - and at this point it doesn't really matter. But I'm gonna offer you a bit of unsolicited advice. Take it however you want. Be offended if that suits you, or if it's easier than taking an honest look in the mirror. Reflexively get defensive if you want and ramp up the derision, turn it more in my direction if that makes you feel good. Or, maybe you can actually and deliberatively consider if what I'm saying might just be warranted and, at any rate, offered in good faith and friendly spirit.

So here goes... Your messages are often good, often informed, could often enrich the conversation. But your delivery sucks. It sucks with a capital SUCKS. Your default form of delivery - unmitigated derision - is more often than not completely ineffectual. Most people aren't going to listen to your messages, no matter how helpful or profound they might be, if you continue to wrap them with the smell of ####. If they're always couched as attacks, people are going to sidestep in evasion rather than receiving and considering them. Noise so easily drowns out music. If you want to be relevant, if you wish to have an impact, if you hope to be persuasive, then try being civil for a while. If that doesn't work, then I dont know what to tell you - maybe this particular bridge is too badly burned. But don't worry about the unpleasentness of others, you don't (directly) control that. You do however control how you deliver your own messages - you can let them speak for themselves or you can castrate them with nastiness. It's your choice of course, as it is your choice to take what I'm saying to heart or just get more pissed off. Either way, I wish you the best in figuring out how to be more persuasive than you presently are and generally have been here.

Last edited:

JeJeTe

Happiness
So I'm a techno dummy that still pays $90 for satelite every month.....I've been giving thoughts to cancelling that and then I would need to subscribe to Hulu and Netflix, right? And the only thing I'd miss is live events. I'm also not sure if my tv is a smart tv. So I'm assuming I'd need this. :lol:

Hank

my war
So I'm a techno dummy that still pays $90 for satelite every month.....I've been giving thoughts to cancelling that and then I would need to subscribe to Hulu and Netflix, right? And the only thing I'd miss is live events. I'm also not sure if my tv is a smart tv. So I'm assuming I'd need this. :lol:

To answer your question, yes you would have to subscribe to Hulu or Netflix......but look into Roku 3.... I am getting ready to drop cable and have looked at all the options and Roku 3 looks like the best choice. http://www.cnet.com/news/chromecast-vs-apple-tv-vs-roku-3-which-media-streamer-should-you-buy/

My sister gave me a Blu-Ray/DVD/Smart player for Christmas. All I had to do was HDMI from it to the back of my TV. It picks up my WIFI signal from my router and all I had to do was sign up for NETFLIX and we love it.