Howard Dean, Bill Maher weigh in on "American Sniper"

BOP

And it's about what you'd expect.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/24/h...s-are-very-angry-probably-in-tea-party-video/

Former Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean speculated about what has motivated people to flock to movie theaters in droves to see “American Sniper,” the movie about the life of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

“There’s a lot of anger in this country, and the people who go see this movie are people who are very angry,” Dean said on “Real Time with Bill Maher” on Friday.

“This guy basically says, ‘I’m going to fight on your side,’” Dean said of Kyle, who was the most prolific sniper in U.S. military history. The legendary sniper was murdered at a Texas gun range in 2013.

“I bet you if you looked at the cross-section of the tea party and people who see this movie there’s a lot of intersection,” the former governor of Vermont continued.

Maher described the movie as: “American hero, he’s a psychopath patriot and we love him.”

PsyOps

Pixelated
Don't our public figures and entertainers just love to use our military in order to remain relevant? It makes me all-the-more want to see it.

RPMDAD

Definitely makes me want to see it more. Howard Dean, Bill Maher are a$$holes. Along with Michael Moore .

edinsomd

Remember the Dean Scream- who's the psychopath? And Maher would befoul himself if he ever ran into a Chris Kyle. They're all beneath contempt.

Hijinx

Remember the Dean Scream- who's the psychopath? And Maher would befoul himself if he ever ran into a Chris Kyle. They're all beneath contempt.

Maher has one stock in trade, He appeals to the idiot liberals. Of course he would say something stupid about the sniper movie. It's what keeps him pertinent to the liberals who keep him working. Same as Michael Moore. It has made both of them rich.

As for Doctor Howard Dean, he is a has-been that never was. His opinion mean nothing to anyone.
He is merely pissing in the wind and loving it when it blows back an hits him in the face.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maher has one stock in trade, He appeals to the idiot liberals.

He has two: he also says provocative things to jack up the conservatives and keep his name on their lips.

As for Dean, he always looks to me like he's suffering from extreme flatulence. I've never seen video or a photo of him where he didn't look uncomfortable and somewhat panicked.

PsyOps

Pixelated
As for Dean, he always looks to me like he's suffering from extreme flatulence. I've never seen video or a photo of him where he didn't look uncomfortable and somewhat panicked.

And he hates kittens too.

DeanKitty.jpg

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He has two: he also says provocative things to jack up the conservatives and keep his name on their lips.

Not fair. In the very same episode, Maher took Dean to task over his, Deans, PC views on Islam. ANYONE who thinks Islam is a problem and needs to at least recognize Maher as pretty much the one and only lefty who is adamant that Islam is the ENEMY of liberalism.

BigBlue

Maher has one stock in trade, He appeals to the idiot liberals. Of course he would say something stupid about the sniper movie. It's what keeps him pertinent to the liberals who keep him working. Same as Michael Moore. It has made both of them rich.

As for Doctor Howard Dean, he is a has-been that never was. His opinion mean nothing to anyone.
He is merely pissing in the wind and loving it when it blows back an hits him in the face.

.........and your ignorance just keeps on coming .:buttkick:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No single person did more to get Obama elected than Dean when he was DNC boss and his 50 state strategy. His argument was, even in states you couldn't win, you fought, you got out all you could and you competed. That sort of thing can't help but pay dividends over time. The GOP doesn't do that. Mitt very much speaks to the GOP mind set; 47%, #### 'em. You'll never win them over so, why bother?" Well, you don't need to win them all over. 5%, 10%, could mean all the difference in the race.

So, you dismiss Dean, you're dismissing a lot more than you seem to be aware of or remember.