First fish of 2015

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I heard it was gonna snow, so I had to head south to warmer climes. Actually I had some things to take care of out of state. No better reason actually than to avoid the cold.

With so many things on my plate, I decided to get the most important out of the way first. I grabbed my fishing pole and headed to a local pond. Being how is was Sunday, I couldn't get much done anyway, so might as well go fishing.

Temp was around 60 degrees. It was a nice sunny day given the time of the year. Absolutely nothing going on in the water. I didn't have very high expectations. I fished for about an hour. I tossed a few different hard baits. I didn't know how deep the water was but I could see a lot of weeds. I didn't want to pull weeds off my hooks all day so I stayed closer to the top.

I finally got a bit on a rapala jointed minnow. It put up a nice fight in the cold water. Took a quick picture and let her go back. Normally my first fish of the year is a trout but I'm not complaining. Now if my fishing partner would just hurry up and get down here.

bass 1.jpg

bass.jpg

Shutout

I heard it was gonna snow, so I had to head south to warmer climes. Actually I had some things to take care of out of state. No better reason actually than to avoid the cold.

With so many things on my plate, I decided to get the most important out of the way first. I grabbed my fishing pole and headed to a local pond. Being how is was Sunday, I couldn't get much done anyway, so might as well go fishing.

Temp was around 60 degrees. It was a nice sunny day given the time of the year. Absolutely nothing going on in the water. I didn't have very high expectations. I fished for about an hour. I tossed a few different hard baits. I didn't know how deep the water was but I could see a lot of weeds. I didn't want to pull weeds off my hooks all day so I stayed closer to the top.

I finally got a bit on a rapala jointed minnow. It put up a nice fight in the cold water. Took a quick picture and let her go back. Normally my first fish of the year is a trout but I'm not complaining. Now if my fishing partner would just hurry up and get down here.

View attachment 106537

View attachment 106538

Good catch. Anytime you can fish is a good time.

Shutout

It was a nice sunny day given the time of the year. Absolutely nothing going on in the water. I didn't have very high expectations. I fished for about an hour. I tossed a few different hard baits. I didn't know how deep the water was but I could see a lot of weeds. I didn't want to pull weeds off my hooks all day so I stayed closer to the top.

Maybe try a texas rigged worm?