Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeve of the Day

Blog Entries

Peeve of the Day

Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??
    i agree, i never start to scan until the other persons stuff is out of the way
    Walk through the fire Fly through the smoke

Why are people so rude??
    I don't know, but that irritates me, too! Stinkeye big time.

Over here, Safeway doesn't have the belt. Giant does. I hate when people do that.

I hate when people do that or they crowd you even though there are other self checkouts open. I really love it when theres a whole bunch of regular lanes open and someone has a full cart of food at the self check out.:sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by catlingirl View Post
    I hate when people do that or they crowd you even though there are other self checkouts open. I really love it when theres a whole bunch of regular lanes open and someone has a full cart of food at the self check out.:sarcasm

I would add that if you don't know how to use a self checkout then you shouldn't use it no matter how many items you have. Our self checkouts over here don't have a maximum number of items that I know of. For me, it's faster than using the regular checkout. I can check out pretty fast no matter how many items I have.

Something I realized last night that I can't stand in grocery stores are the people on cell phones standing in the aisles oblivious to their surroundings yapping on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Something I realized last night that I can't stand in grocery stores are the people on cell phones standing in the aisles oblivious to their surroundings yapping on the phone.
    Me, neither!

Get off your phone in the store - no one wants to hear your damn business.

Why are people so rude??
    I caught myself doing that one time. I'd started scanning things before I realized the lady in front of me was going to need a minute to get her stuff loaded - I immediately felt pretty bad about it. But then I felt kinda stuck as there were people behind me that I kinda felt like I was holding up by just standing there doing nothing. That made me realize the conveyor belt set-up wasn't the best implementation of the self-checkout. Now I try to avoid stores that use that kind of set-up. I much prefer the set-up that McKay's (in Leonardtown) uses, and their system is really fast - so that's where I've been doing most of my grocery shopping for a couple years.

So... anyway... accept my apology for my rudeness (albeit to a different lady) in place of an apology from the people that have done it to you?

Side Note: When I was in McKay's today they were rockin' some Rick Springfield through the overhead speakers. Talk about a flashback! I definitely caught myself singing out loud and I might even have been dancing in the isle there for a moment. The last time I was in there they were playing Funky Cold Medina.
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

Blog Entries
    There was this terrible space invader woman at Target yesterday. I was looking over the yogurt selection and she got rightontopofme so she could look at yogurt too. I stood my ground and that did not deter her. But at least she had nice breath.

So a few minutes later I'm over in the coffee aisle, back to back with a woman who's looking at something across the aisle, and this same woman! rolls up on us and without saying excuse me or anything squeezes right in between us and starts looking at coffee too. Seriously, it was a terrible lady sandwich. The other woman and I turned at the same time and said, "Excuse me??" and the space invader backed off. But I was like, WTH?? Who does that?

She was a fluffy little Stepford thing, clearly not raised by wolves, so what's up with that?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Me, neither!

Get off your phone in the store - no one wants to hear your damn business.
    This.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.