Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Peeve of the Day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilted View Post
    But then I felt kinda stuck as there were people behind me that I kinda felt like I was holding up by just standing there doing nothing.
    I never care about those people. Sometimes it's up to us to enforce politeness on the whole group.

I am reminded of an older woman at a grocery store in Frederick years ago who set the young man in line behind her straight. She was paying by check or something and he was getting impatient. He kind of huffed and she turned to him and said, "Wait your turn." He said, "It IS my turn." And she said, "No. When I am finished, THEN it's your turn."

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

People that pull up to the island that has both diesel and gas pumps when there are other "gas only" islands open. Of course they pump, then run in to buy something and leave their vehicle blocking the diesel pump.

Once i pulled into an empty checkout line and started unloading my cart, an old man got behind me and started unloading his cart too behind me, out #### was intermingling when I sat my cube of pepsi on his bread he got pissed. WTF you senile old fart.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    There was this terrible space invader woman at Target yesterday. I was looking over the yogurt selection and she got rightontopofme so she could look at yogurt too. I stood my ground and that did not deter her. But at least she had nice breath.

So a few minutes later I'm over in the coffee aisle, back to back with a woman who's looking at something across the aisle, and this same woman! rolls up on us and without saying excuse me or anything squeezes right in between us and starts looking at coffee too. Seriously, it was a terrible lady sandwich. The other woman and I turned at the same time and said, "Excuse me??" and the space invader backed off. But I was like, WTH?? Who does that?

She was a fluffy little Stepford thing, clearly not raised by wolves, so what's up with that?
    Space Invader

I'm sitting here saying that the SAMETHING happens to me, too! It's like I'm magnet for these people! Foxhound says this never happens to him. !

A magnet, I tell you.

Going to stores, banks, driving, etc. where I have to deal with people invading my space, being rude, being on cellphones, being oblivious to others are where I learned patience and tolerance, which, also, keeps my blood pressure low!

Talk Show Host
    I will not use those self-checkouts even if I have one item that will total a one dollar bill. If the store is not going to give me an extra discount for doing their job, of say 5-10%, what's the point? So the chain (corporation) can reduce its workforce? I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for the privilege of scanning and bagging my own purchase while at the same time increasing unemployment. They really have trained their customers, well. Suckers.

I Need a Life
    Packed house at the Target the other day. Sitting in the "10 items of less" line about 8 people deep. Dude right in front of me begins to unload his CART.... yes... CART of about 25 items onto the belt. Me and the 5 people behind us sigh at the same time!

The nice teenage cashier then announces, rather loudly... "I'm sorry sir, this is the 10 items or less line and you will need to go to one of the other lines!" She skillfully waited until ALL of the items were on the belt.

The dude then begins to give her the business!

She stood her ground though! The guy threw his items into his cart and stormed off to wait 10 people deep at another line.

I heard what I can only describe as a slight chuckle from many of the people behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??
    Agree
    They would get irate (if you bagged their stuff)
    Frankly, because they can be. Self absorbed, twits. It's how they drive, how they behave in restaurants and generally how they are. It's all about them. Level of income, education, race, it doesn't matter.
    They would rush you out of the way, but heaven forbid they get a nudge because they're on "a call" in the checkout line.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Space Invader
    She has a bunch of these witty names for things. I'm gonna have to make a list of them. To go along with all this vraiblondeisms. Things like dreadmill, assorted & sundry, go Speed Racer(slow driver), starter marriage, etc.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SG_Player1974 View Post
    Packed house at the Target the other day. Sitting in the "10 items of less" line about 8 people deep. Dude right in front of me begins to unload his CART.... yes... CART of about 25 items onto the belt. Me and the 5 people behind us sigh at the same time!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walmart.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	106540
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.