Peeve of the Day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??

RPMDAD

Self-checkout: I love it! What I don't love is when the person behind me starts scanning their groceries and sends them down the belt....right into where I'm trying to bag my groceries. Dude, really? Just hang on 15 seconds and I'll be out of your way. Stop bombarding me with your stuff. It's annoying AND I might just accidentally stick your groceries in my bag.

Why are people so rude??

i agree, i never start to scan until the other persons stuff is out of the way

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Why are people so rude??

I don't know, but that irritates me, too! Stinkeye big time.

Over here, Safeway doesn't have the belt. Giant does. I hate when people do that.

catlingirl

I hate when people do that or they crowd you even though there are other self checkouts open. I really love it when theres a whole bunch of regular lanes open and someone has a full cart of food at the self check out.:sarcasm

Bann

PREMO Member
I hate when people do that or they crowd you even though there are other self checkouts open. I really love it when theres a whole bunch of regular lanes open and someone has a full cart of food at the self check out.:sarcasm

I would add that if you don't know how to use a self checkout then you shouldn't use it no matter how many items you have. Our self checkouts over here don't have a maximum number of items that I know of. For me, it's faster than using the regular checkout. I can check out pretty fast no matter how many items I have.

Hank

my war
Something I realized last night that I can't stand in grocery stores are the people on cell phones standing in the aisles oblivious to their surroundings yapping on the phone.

Bann

PREMO Member
Something I realized last night that I can't stand in grocery stores are the people on cell phones standing in the aisles oblivious to their surroundings yapping on the phone.

Me, neither!

Get off your phone in the store - no one wants to hear your damn business.

Why are people so rude??

I caught myself doing that one time. I'd started scanning things before I realized the lady in front of me was going to need a minute to get her stuff loaded - I immediately felt pretty bad about it. But then I felt kinda stuck as there were people behind me that I kinda felt like I was holding up by just standing there doing nothing. That made me realize the conveyor belt set-up wasn't the best implementation of the self-checkout. Now I try to avoid stores that use that kind of set-up. I much prefer the set-up that McKay's (in Leonardtown) uses, and their system is really fast - so that's where I've been doing most of my grocery shopping for a couple years.

So... anyway... accept my apology for my rudeness (albeit to a different lady) in place of an apology from the people that have done it to you?

Side Note: When I was in McKay's today they were rockin' some Rick Springfield through the overhead speakers. Talk about a flashback! I definitely caught myself singing out loud and I might even have been dancing in the isle there for a moment. The last time I was in there they were playing Funky Cold Medina.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There was this terrible space invader woman at Target yesterday. I was looking over the yogurt selection and she got rightontopofme so she could look at yogurt too. I stood my ground and that did not deter her. But at least she had nice breath.

So a few minutes later I'm over in the coffee aisle, back to back with a woman who's looking at something across the aisle, and this same woman! rolls up on us and without saying excuse me or anything squeezes right in between us and starts looking at coffee too. Seriously, it was a terrible lady sandwich. The other woman and I turned at the same time and said, "Excuse me??" and the space invader backed off. But I was like, WTH?? Who does that?

She was a fluffy little Stepford thing, clearly not raised by wolves, so what's up with that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But then I felt kinda stuck as there were people behind me that I kinda felt like I was holding up by just standing there doing nothing.

I never care about those people. Sometimes it's up to us to enforce politeness on the whole group.

I am reminded of an older woman at a grocery store in Frederick years ago who set the young man in line behind her straight. She was paying by check or something and he was getting impatient. He kind of huffed and she turned to him and said, "Wait your turn." He said, "It IS my turn." And she said, "No. When I am finished, THEN it's your turn."

:dye:

Shutout

People that pull up to the island that has both diesel and gas pumps when there are other "gas only" islands open. Of course they pump, then run in to buy something and leave their vehicle blocking the diesel pump.

PeoplesElbow

Once i pulled into an empty checkout line and started unloading my cart, an old man got behind me and started unloading his cart too behind me, out #### was intermingling when I sat my cube of pepsi on his bread he got pissed. WTF you senile old fart.

Bann

PREMO Member
There was this terrible space invader woman at Target yesterday. I was looking over the yogurt selection and she got rightontopofme so she could look at yogurt too. I stood my ground and that did not deter her. But at least she had nice breath.

So a few minutes later I'm over in the coffee aisle, back to back with a woman who's looking at something across the aisle, and this same woman! rolls up on us and without saying excuse me or anything squeezes right in between us and starts looking at coffee too. Seriously, it was a terrible lady sandwich. The other woman and I turned at the same time and said, "Excuse me??" and the space invader backed off. But I was like, WTH?? Who does that?

She was a fluffy little Stepford thing, clearly not raised by wolves, so what's up with that?

:killingme Space Invader :killingme

I'm sitting here saying that the SAMETHING happens to me, too! It's like I'm magnet for these people! Foxhound says this never happens to him. !

A magnet, I tell you.

mamatutu

mama to two
Going to stores, banks, driving, etc. where I have to deal with people invading my space, being rude, being on cellphones, being oblivious to others are where I learned patience and tolerance, which, also, keeps my blood pressure low! :smile:

FollowTheMoney

I will not use those self-checkouts even if I have one item that will total a one dollar bill. If the store is not going to give me an extra discount for doing their job, of say 5-10%, what's the point? So the chain (corporation) can reduce its workforce? I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for the privilege of scanning and bagging my own purchase while at the same time increasing unemployment. They really have trained their customers, well. Suckers.

SG_Player1974

Packed house at the Target the other day. Sitting in the "10 items of less" line about 8 people deep. Dude right in front of me begins to unload his CART.... yes... CART of about 25 items onto the belt. Me and the 5 people behind us sigh at the same time! :strangle:

The nice teenage cashier then announces, rather loudly... "I'm sorry sir, this is the 10 items or less line and you will need to go to one of the other lines!" She skillfully waited until ALL of the items were on the belt.

The dude then begins to give her the business! :doh:

She stood her ground though! The guy threw his items into his cart and stormed off to wait 10 people deep at another line.

I heard what I can only describe as a slight chuckle from many of the people behind me. :lmao:

BernieP

Resident PIA

Why are people so rude??

Agree
They would get irate (if you bagged their stuff)
Frankly, because they can be. Self absorbed, twits. It's how they drive, how they behave in restaurants and generally how they are. It's all about them. Level of income, education, race, it doesn't matter.
They would rush you out of the way, but heaven forbid they get a nudge because they're on "a call" in the checkout line.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Space Invader

She has a bunch of these witty names for things. I'm gonna have to make a list of them. To go along with all this vraiblondeisms. Things like dreadmill, assorted & sundry, go Speed Racer(slow driver), starter marriage, etc.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Packed house at the Target the other day. Sitting in the "10 items of less" line about 8 people deep. Dude right in front of me begins to unload his CART.... yes... CART of about 25 items onto the belt. Me and the 5 people behind us sigh at the same time! :strangle:

walmart.jpg