• image-428058051.jpg
    image-428058051.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 197

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's part of their appeal.

I like both my dog and my cat, but my dog is constantly up my butt needing attention. I like the cat better.

That used to be part of the appeal when I had my cats - their "eff you" attitude. I knew there was something wrong with our completely one-sided relationship - I did everything for them and got nothing in return except a bunch of hair and barf all over my furniture - but I just put up with it for....whatever reason.

Then I got the dog, who gives affection unconditionally and without reserve. He doesn't give me a hard time when it comes to food, or vet visits, or pretty much anything. I will never own another cat because having the dog showed me that they pretty much suck.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
OMG kitty-bashing?! I am all for ALL kitties being indoor-only kitties to save the birds. I have also talked people into creating an indoor/outdoor enclosure for the kitties to get time outside but they can't roam as they are contained in a screen or otherwise fenced area which also has a roof to it. Foxy loves me, he is right by my side almost constantly when I am home. Seriously Foxy can't live without me :biggrin:. Some of the others? Not so much LOL

kittyareaoutdoors.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That used to be part of the appeal when I had my cats - their "eff you" attitude. I knew there was something wrong with our completely one-sided relationship - I did everything for them and got nothing in return except a bunch of hair and barf all over my furniture - but I just put up with it for....whatever reason.

Then I got the dog, who gives affection unconditionally and without reserve. He doesn't give me a hard time when it comes to food, or vet visits, or pretty much anything. I will never own another cat because having the dog showed me that they pretty much suck.

Dogs do nasty things like eat the poop of other animals (or their own sometimes), like horse and cat poop especially, then they want to lick you ewwwww.

You don't see cats eating poop usually EVER.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Cats are useless. All humans are in their kitty brains are just servants that are privileged to be able to fawn over their fuzzy fur ball bodies. Just remember that probably everytime they climb up in your lap and knead your chest and face with their cute little paws, those paws probably just came from their litter box.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
My cats prefer to go potty outside and they kill lots of voles. :shrug:

That's my standard answer and I get the standard replies every time this topic claws it's way out of the bag, and I'm sticking to it.:blahblah:

Your cats sound like the exception, though. Do you make them eat what they catch, or do you break down and feed them?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's my standard answer and I get the standard replies every time this topic claws it's way out of the bag, and I'm sticking to it.:blahblah:

Your cats sound like the exception, though. Do you make them eat what they catch, or do you break down and feed them?

I suppose they eat some of their kills, I'll have to ask them when I get home. :neener:

They do get fed twice a day. When I get up in the morning and in the afternoon. They don't wake me up to feed them. If Bubba decides he can't wait, he has learned how to break into the pantry and pull the bag put. That hasn't happened in quite some time. :shrug:

H

Hodr

I have always been a dog person, but my wife has cats. I am fairly convinced that they don't really care for us, but while one of the two completely ignores both of us except for feeding times, the other will follows us around the house wherever we go (it usually picks one of us if we are both home) and will either lay on or next to us. Including in the bathroom if you don't shut the door.

Toxick

Splat
Dog: This person feeds me, takes care of me when I'm sick, brings me toys, plays with me, makes me feel good in every way, keeps me warm at night and speaks to me in soothing tones. HE MUST BE GOD.

Cat: This person feeds me, takes care of me when I'm sick, brings me toys, plays with me, makes me feel good in every way, keeps me warm at night and speaks to me in soothing tones. I MUST BE GOD.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have always been a dog person, but my wife has cats. I am fairly convinced that they don't really care for us, but while one of the two completely ignores both of us except for feeding times, the other will follows us around the house wherever we go (it usually picks one of us if we are both home) and will either lay on or next to us. Including in the bathroom if you don't shut the door.

They obviously feel the desire to be touched otherwise they wouldn't keep after me to continue petting them. When I come home Foxy comes running like he really missed me, and he rarely lets me go in the bathroom alone as he knows I'm a captive audience, well unless he sees me heading for the shower of course, then he knows to just sit down and wait ..... and when I come out of the shower my legs are still damp, he rubs on my legs and I end up with kitty fur on my legs ..... I just look at him and say "really?" ... "why?".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Further, they're an environmental disaster, killing literally billions of birds in the US every year — many of them from endangered species.

Oh Boo Fricking Hoo ... a cat ate a bird
.... at least they don't roll in S H I T or dead animals and then want to come back in the house ... and get in your lap and lick your face

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

yep different mentality .... cat pride vs dock pack

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dogs do nasty things like eat the poop of other animals (or their own sometimes), like horse and cat poop especially, then they want to lick you ewwwww.

You don't see cats eating poop usually EVER.

:yay:

dogs are scavengers ......

Radiant1

Soul Probe
All I know is that my cat makes me laugh and smile far more than my dog. Sure I serve the cat, but it's not as if I get nothing in return. I'm sure if he knew I got something in return he would cease all play and cuteness because that's how that jackass rolls, but he doesn't know and don't anyone tell him. Also, when I'm sick with a fever he likes to cuddle up with me because I'm warm. I know it's only because I'm warm but I like to pretend it's because he's sympathetic. My dog is a 100-lb Lab, and he's a bed hog. He's extremely food driven and could care less if I was sick as long as he gets his dinner. He's just so damn needy! Btw, my dog has puked in my house more than my cat, nor does he bury his shit outside which means I have to shovel it (not to mention I actually have to get up to let him out when it's inconvenient). Frankly, I'd rather scoop a cat box. Oh, and the dog farts. His farts are RANK. My cat doesn't fart, he poots and when he poots I don't notice it. In fact, I only say he poots because surely every mammal has to pass gas, right?

Vrai, your dog, like a ho, would love anyone who fed him, pet him, treated him half way decent, and spent the majority of their time with him. If you weren't the pack that was forced upon him, he wouldn't love you anymore than the cat! His love is not unconditional! So there! :razz:

..... and when I come out of the shower my legs are still damp, he rubs on my legs and I end up with kitty fur on my legs ..... I just look at him and say "really?" ... "why?".

Because you just washed his scent off of you and he needs to re-apply. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vrai, your dog, like a ho, would love anyone who fed him, pet him, treated him half way decent, and spent the majority of their time with him. If you weren't the pack that was forced upon him, he wouldn't love you anymore than the cat! His love is not unconditional! So there! :razz:

You can't argue with science. You just can't. :razz: