Humor for those raised in the 1970s

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I just caught the beginning of that era - my HighSchool years were '69-'72. Once we hit 18, way back in the day, we were considered "raised". But it was far more dangerous in the late 50's and 60's - we drank out of the garden hose, only came home to eat, ate dirt, had no problem sharing soft drinks with buddies, built and rode in home made go carts, went swimming without supervision in the local creeks, etc.

How the vast, vast majority of us survived and managed to produce the last two current generations that are afraid of their own shadows......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jarts: "We threw them. They stuck where they landed. If they happened to land in your skull, well, then you should have moved."

:lmao:

Vince

Did all that stuff and more......except the volkswagon. We rode in the back of a pickup truck.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
That mom of the kids riding the bikes with no helmets.....Dayum! :hot:

That's the first thing I thought...then it was 70's bush.

Neighborhoods were like Lord of the Flies then. I spent so many hours in the E.R. when I was a kid I'm surprised my parents weren't locked up. I remember a friends Dad that went to court for physically abusing him and was found guilty, I remember my friend telling me that they all piled in the car together to go home after court and all his Dad did was talk about all the sh!t he was going to do to him when they got home.

:shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Did all that stuff and more......except the volkswagon. We rode in the back of a pickup truck.

I remember doing that as a young kid down the freeway. Grandfather didn't want us alone back there, so grandmother climbed in with us. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Neighborhoods were like Lord of the Flies then. I spent so many hours in the E.R. when I was a kid I'm surprised my parents weren't locked up. I remember a friends Dad that went to court for physically abusing him and was found guilty, I remember my friend telling me that they all piled in the car together to go home after court and all his Dad did was talk about all the sh!t he was going to do to him when he got home.

:shrug:

I got hurt so much, my Mom stopped taking me to the ER for fear of getting accused of child abuse. They had already tried that when I was brought in for having a needle in my heel so when I fell down the stairs and hit my face against the metal pole at the end and got a black eye, all I got was a pack of frozen peas.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I got hurt so much, my Mom stopped taking me to the ER for fear of getting accused of child abuse. They had already tried that when I was brought in for having a needle in my heel so when I fell down the stairs and hit my face against the metal pole at the end and got a black eye, all I got was a pack of frozen peas.

:lol:

I once took all of my Asthma medicine after watching an episode of Mighty Mouse. If you remember he jumped into a bunch of pill bottles to get strong. The bastards pumped my stomach for that one, leaving me weak and

:mad:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I once took all of my Asthma medicine after watching an episode of Mighty Mouse. If you remember he jumped into a bunch of pill bottles to get strong. The bastards pumped my stomach for that one, leaving me weak and

:mad:

I still have a scar on my hand from when my step-brother and I tried to get a can of spinach open like Popeye does it. Chuck Norris wishes he was as badass as Popeye. :cool:

Misfit

Lawful neutral

I still have a scar on my hand from when my step-brother and I tried to get a can of spinach open like Popeye does it. Chuck Norris wishes he was as badass as Popeye. :cool:

:roflmao:

I wonder how many kids Popeye got killed, or Tom & Jerry.

My deviant older brother made a rope swing for me. He tied it to grandma's apple tree and lured me out there one Saturday morning to "test" it. I was 6 and trusted my big brother.

It was a noose.

I still whistle when I breathe. :mad:

Homer J

Power Chord

I don't mind. :razz:

The best scar I have is from when the kids were at recess after lunch one day at school. Someone got into the trash bin and found the tops from opening the big institutional cans of food with a can opener. They decided they flew like a Frisbee pretty good. I walked out the door onto the playground and caught one mid-flight with my forehead. Nine stitches. The best part was it was my 6th birthday. I was sure, at the time that I was going to be a cowboy when I grew up so when I had my party later that day, I wore my cowboy hat and told everyone the injuns tried to scalp me.

Last edited:

Vince

:roflmao:

I wonder how many kids Popeye got killed, or Tom & Jerry.
My deviant older brother made a rope swing for me. He tied it to grandma's apple tree and lured me out there one Saturday morning to "test" it. I was 6 and trusted my big brother.
It was a noose.
I still whistle when I breathe. :mad:
Even with Wyle Coyote shooting Acme rockets and Elmer Fudd shooting Daffy Duck, we weren't stupid enough as kids to try that stuff. :lol: Well, my brother and I did make a few explosives with the gunpowder from firecrackers. Harmless fun.

DEEKAYPEE8569

That spinach thing.....I was in Elementary school.....I pestered Mom to get me a can of spinach. She heated it and said, 'Come and get it.' Took a wiff and a very small bite; haven't touched the stuff since.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Even with Wyle Coyote shooting Acme rockets and Elmer Fudd shooting Daffy Duck, we weren't stupid enough as kids to try that stuff. :lol: Well, my brother and I did make a few explosives with the gunpowder from firecrackers. Harmless fun.

We packed a small piece of threaded pipe with firecrackers and lit it once......once.....

Vince

That spinach thing.....I was in Elementary school.....I pestered Mom to get me a can of spinach. She heated it and said, 'Come and get it.' Took a wiff and a very small bite; haven't touched the stuff since.
Always loved spinach or any other greens, i.e. kale, mustard greens, collards, etc. just depends on how you fix them.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Always loved spinach or any other greens, i.e. kale, mustard greens, collards, etc. just depends on how you fix them.

:yeahthat: Even to stuff that they passed off as kale in school lunches back in the day. I'll have to ask my man cub if they still serve it.

I also like turnip greens. I've mixed them in with my ham stuffing to give it an extra kick.