• 1422523394-1.jpg
    1422523394-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 1422524191-0.jpg
    1422524191-0.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 381

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Just say it, it's ugly. No ifs ands or butts.

Hey I admit my boy is ugly. I think they brought him out as the 3rd dog for me to evaluate because no one would adopt him due to him being so unusual looking, and I said I did rescue (they probably said she does rescue - go get the ugliest and stinkiest dog we have for her). First he's black, and black dogs are the last picked usually, so they get put down in higher percentages. His head size is for a dog that is 120 pounds and he's only 70 pounds LOL. He has loose skin around his neck, and he stinks a LOT too (due to a common pitbull skin condition). I am not sure what breeds went into the making of my boy other than him being classified as part pitbull, but it's not a good combination unless you are trying for ugly LOL.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hey I admit my boy is ugly. I think they brought him out as the 3rd dog for me to evaluate because no one would adopt him due to him being so unusual looking, and I said I did rescue (they probably said she does rescue - go get the ugliest and stinkiest dog we have for her). First he's black, and black dogs are the last picked usually, so they get put down in higher percentages. His head size is for a dog that is 120 pounds and he's only 70 pounds LOL. He has loose skin around his neck, and he stinks a LOT too (due to a common pitbull skin condition). I am not sure what breeds went into the making of my boy other than him being classified as part pitbull, but it's not a good combination unless you are trying for ugly LOL.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to bash him, but those two breeds are probably the last to be mixed. He definitely passes as one of those designer dogs and some of those are really ugly.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm sorry, didn't mean to bash him, but those two breeds are probably the last to be mixed. He definitely passes as one of those designer dogs and some of those are really ugly.

aww it's okay as someone will find him adorable I'm sure

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Maybe they'll think he's so ugly he's cute. I had a cat like that when I was a kid, her name was Ugh.:lmao: At least that's what everyone else called her, and it just stuck.

I have to explain to everyone who meets my dog that the smell isn't because he's dirty, it's his skin problem. I can see why someone may want to keep him outside (prior people did I heard and he was removed from there as they were fighting dogs also) but he has a short thin coat so he can't handle being out in the cold really. I get him bathed regularly to cut down on the smell and he eats a salmon and potato food to help minimize his condition. Honestly he is such a sweet dog, he just makes being near him just about unbearable once we get to week 3 post bath. Now that he seems to have Wobblers Syndrome, I am not sure how much longer he'll be around. I am now looking into a large harness to get for him so we can pull up on it to help stabilize him as he walks around to go potty outside. With him being 70 pounds, I'm not sure how much physical support I can offer for him though. He gets really wobbly when he squats to poop, and I fear him falling backward into it EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Last edited: