Super Bowl snacks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
First, what annoys me:

Veggie trays. Who does that, and why? Nobody ever eats carrot sticks on Super Bowl Sunday. Save that nonsense for your next baby shower.

Now, on to the good part:

What are your favorite Super Bowl foods? Do you have a bunch of snackies or do you make a pot of chili? My new soon-to-be favorite (because I haven't actually had these yet, but they sound like perfect football food) is the stuffed chicken wing.

• Make a mixture of shredded cheddar cheese, julienned jalapenos, and crumbled cooked bacon.
  • Separate a dozen large chicken wings into flats and drumettes, then de-bone them. Be careful not to disturb the skin because you want that to stay on your chickie.
  • Season both sides of the chicken with a little salt.
  • Stuff a bit of the cheese mixture into each boned chicken piece, and fold the skin around it to seal.
  • Deep fry the wings until dark brown and crispy.
  • NOTE: you can roll the wings in flour or cornstarch before you fry them, or you don't have to. God bless America.
  • Serve with a southwestern sauce for dipping, or ranch, or blue cheese, or whatever you think sounds good.

At some point I'm actually going to try this recipe. If you beat me to it, let me know how they were.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I usually have all the cherry tomatoes eaten off our veggie tray before the first innings over.

Chris0nllyn

Chili. Always chili.

Going to make bacon-wrapped dates this year.

Someone always brings a crock pot full of meatballs.