Chinese People try Panda Express

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love how the fake Chinese people are busting on it, while the real Chinese people are saying it's pretty good. :lol:

PeoplesElbow

I love how the fake Chinese people are busting on it, while the real Chinese people are saying it's pretty good. :lol:

I would guess that is because the Amercanized Chinese ate a whole lot better than the ones that obviously grew up in China.

China is also such a massive place that food in one area is probably vastly different than another, but as Americans we lump it all as Chinese food.

RPMDAD

Agree PE, with a quick glance i came with these, and it probably isn't all of them.

Guangdong Cuisine (Cantonese Food/Yue Cuisine): sweeter, favoring braising and stewing, adding various sauces.
Sichuan Cuisine (Chuan Cuisine): spicy and bold, using lots of chili, garlic, ginger and peanuts.
Shandong Cuisine (Lu Cuisine): salty and crispy, favoring braising and seafood.
Fujian Cuisine (Min Cuisine): lighter, with a sweet and sour taste, using ingredients from the sea and the mountains.
Jiangsu Cuisine (Su Cuisine): fresh, salty and sweet, favoring soups and precise cooking techniques.
Hunan Cuisine (Xiang Cuisine): quite spicy, favors sautéing, stir-frying, steaming and smoking.
Anhui Cuisine (Hui Cuisine): uses many wild plants and animals as ingredients, favoring stewing and more oil.
Zhejiang Cuisine (Zhe Cuisine): mellow, uses freshwater fish, seafood and bamboo shoots, and a wide variety of cooking methods.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Asian food - like LOVE!!! it. What I don't like are the goopy sauces local restaurants blop all over everything. My new love is my dolsot. I make a bowl of love almost every day: eggs and/or oatmeal with all sorts of breakfast mix ins, or a grain/starch with meat and veggies. They make me sooooo happy!

:bann:

PeoplesElbow

I love Asian food - like LOVE!!! it. What I don't like are the goopy sauces local restaurants blop all over everything. My new love is my dolsot. I make a bowl of love almost every day: eggs and/or oatmeal with all sorts of breakfast mix ins, or a grain/starch with meat and veggies. They make me sooooo happy!

:bann:

Have you tried Teariffic?

Highly recommended.