and if there hadn't been a video camera

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do You See What This Police Officer Saw? Her Superiors Didn’t — So Now Police Are Apologizing

He was arrested under strange circumstances: A cop pulled up and demanded that he drop the golf club he used as a cane.

Now the police are officially apologizing.

The arrest occurred in Seattle in July 2014, and as video from the scene shows, the old man being arrested is baffled by police commands.

The female officer involved shouts at him to drop his golf club, saying that it’s a weapon and that she saw him swing it at her.

He refuses, and when he makes to leave, she arrests him.

RPMDAD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
a fine upstanding Police Officer in Seattle of all places
.... that bastion of liberal thinking and $ 15 dollar an hour min wage

Hijinx

a fine upstanding Police Officer in Seattle of all places
.... that bastion of liberal thinking and $ 15 dollar an hour min wage

I watched the Video and am still wondering why she stopped in the first place.
She could not see the golf club or at least I couldn't see it when she stopped.
The man certainly didn't swing it at her.

Did someone call the police to the scene about a man threatening with a golf club?
Otherwise I don't see why she stopped.
The guy did nothing wrong on the tape except refuse to put the golf club down.

Rommey

I watched the Video and am still wondering why she stopped in the first place.
She could not see the golf club or at least I couldn't see it when she stopped.
The man certainly didn't swing it at her.

Did someone call the police to the scene about a man threatening with a golf club?
Otherwise I don't see why she stopped.
The guy did nothing wrong on the tape except refuse to put the golf club down.
I think she said something to the effect of "you swung the club back there" as if it were a different location and she went around the block. I'm pretty sure what you see in the video is not where the alleged incident took place. But the officer was counting on the dash cam video (a clip prior to what is seen in the linked video) to show the incident which apparently it didn't.

Hijinx

I think she said something to the effect of "you swung the club back there" as if it were a different location and she went around the block. I'm pretty sure what you see in the video is not where the alleged incident took place. But the officer was counting on the dash cam video (a clip prior to what is seen in the linked video) to show the incident which apparently it didn't.

Like you I wonder about the part of this we aren't informed of. There had to be more to it than what we saw.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The OP website updated with a new video showing their investigation found the cop posted a bunch of racist comments on her facebook page.

PsyOps

Pixelated

She claimed the guy swung the golf club at her.

Rommey

She claimed the guy swung the golf club at her.
Yeah, but she made reference to a different location (11th and Pike(?) at ~2:50 of the video). At the end of the video, she stopped the video because she thought the dash cam video captured what she claimed and that would have been before the linked video started.