Police body cam laws

TPD

the poor dad
Starting to be debated - keep private or not?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/31/minnesota-bill-would-keep-body-camera-footage-private/

I still have not decided if I am for all police wearing body cams or not. Yeah we need to hold them accountable but there are other issues that need to be debated. Every action has a consequence - and not always a good one. There may be enough video recording devices in the hands of the citizenry to negate police recording devices. And with footage in the hands of the public, we don't need lengthy court processes to release it, if that is one of the end goals.

RPMDAD

i personally am for them, feel they protect the LEO's and the citizens. I am also in favor of citizens recording police activity without being hassled. I do not think all police video will become public knowledge, only the high profile cases, and when videos are requested by the Freedom of information act or requested by defense attorneys and used in court. I fully believe if they can film us, we should be able to film them as long as we don't interfere with their actions. JMHO

Hijinx

i personally am for them, feel they protect the LEO's and the citizens. I am also in favor of citizens recording police activity without being hassled. I do not think all police video will become public knowledge, only the high profile cases, and when videos are requested by the Freedom of information act or requested by defense attorneys and used in court. I fully believe if they can film us, we should be able to film them as long as we don't interfere with their actions. JMHO

Agreed

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't think it can hurt society to have both sides videoing. Both sides have the right to be able to defend their actions/consequences.

itsrequired

I think cameras should be on every corner and every cop. I think it would help to fight crime. Anywhere in public should be subject to videoing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
if there is no incident during a shift, the video is deleted, no face recognition software or license plate scanners