Gate 3

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Why, when the gate is backed up all the way to the light, do the people heading southbound make the left into the gate 3 road, backing up the intersection and not letting the northbound traffic move when the light turns green? And….I don’t understand why some of the people coming out of the housing developments off the gate 3 road think they’re entitled to immediatley be let into the flow of traffic without even stopping at the stop signs. We’ve been sitting in the line for 10 minutes, you just got here!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I don't know why tools are tools and all the dickheads seem to be from the northbound part of the county.

But I do know that over half those SOBs in the Southbound lane that cut across 235 and blocked traffic, 1) broke the law by impeding traffic and 2) broke the law by running red lights and 3) broke the law by turning when they didn't have the right of way.

I can only hope those peckerheads were at least polite to the gate guards, but I doubt it.

I think all of them should say a little prayer of thanksgiving that the northbound traffic is was so polite today.

Not so sure if everybody will remain as polite tomorrow if there is a repeat of such douchebaggery.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Someone mentioned some type of exercise they are doing today?? If so, do they notify anyone of this beforehand?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Someone mentioned some type of exercise they are doing today?? If so, do they notify anyone of this beforehand?

Exercise or not, it still doesn't give these douchebags the right to ignore the laws of safe driving and common decency.

Yes, we were all notified via command-wide e-mail. Plus, it's on the "notice" signs around the base. We get to deal with this until the 13th.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Gate 3 was backed up to the light at 615am.

There are days I'm thankful I work at Webster Field.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
3) broke the law by turning when they didn't have the right of way.

I have almost been smooshed many times because I'm making the right on my green light and someone comes barreling from across the lane trying to beat the light and then they give me their mean face. South people need to unite and take back our streets!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If its any consolation, both State and County have been heavily patrolling 235 as of late. I stopped at the Rt. 4 WaWa for gas at 6am for gas and I saw no less than 4-5 LEOs patrolling. That doesn't make things any better at the gates, but it's something. I still didn't get to my desk until after 630.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If its any consolation, both State and County have been heavily patrolling 235 as of late. I stopped at the Rt. 4 WaWa for gas at 6am for gas and I saw no less than 4-5 LEOs patrolling. That doesn't make things any better at the gates, but it's something. I still didn't get to my desk until after 630.

I bet if they had been at each of the gates this morning, then this county would be having a windfall of revenue within 30 days. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I bet if they had been at each of the gates this morning, then this county would be having a windfall of revenue within 30 days. :lmao:

I agree 100%!

I tend to just take it stride and not get my panties in a bunch over it.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It was announced on the radio and also published in the local news both paper and online.

:offtopic: But who listens to the "radio" anymore what with satellite, Pandora and ipods and all that tech? The last time I tried, I couldn't even get the local radio channel to come in worth a darn. It was getting stomped on by some radio channel out in Delaware.

Also, who reads the newspaper? Don't you know the newspaper industry is a-dying?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:offtopic: But who listens to the "radio" anymore what with satellite, Pandora and ipods and all that tech? The last time I tried, I couldn't even get the local radio channel to come in worth a darn. It was getting stomped on by some radio channel out in Delaware.

Also, who reads the newspaper? Don't you know the newspaper industry is a-dying?

I do. :shrug:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
It was announced on the radio and also published in the local news both paper and online.

Ok, thanks. I've been forgetful with getting the paper the past couple weeks. I listen to the radio on my way to & from work but don't remember hearing about this. Thanks for the info. :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ok, thanks. I've been forgetful with getting the paper the past couple weeks. I listen to the radio on my way to & from work but don't remember hearing about this. Thanks for the info. :)

Unfortunately, they don't mention it everyday.