Film Festival

Just wanted to share something I found recently. I saw a flyer (in Starbucks?) the other day about the "Southern Maryland Film Festival" (http://www.smdfs.org), and thought I'd spread the word.

This is the kind of thing I miss since moving here from Long Island.

Anyone interested in going to it? Or even better, entering something of their own?

ReadingTheNews

While I wouldn't be submitting anything, I'd be interested in checking it out. Their website leaves a little something to be desired, though.
Seems like it could have some potential and be entertaining.

While I wouldn't be submitting anything, I'd be interested in checking it out. Their website leaves a little something to be desired, though.
Seems like it could have some potential and be entertaining.

Yeah. Their web site leaves a lot to be desired. But still, it sounds like it could be fun. I am thinking about submitting something of my own. :)

luvmygdaughters

Hmmm...wondering if this will be held at The Rex. I heard something about them wanting to open the old theater portion of the restaurant. It would be neat.

Hmmm...wondering if this will be held at The Rex. I heard something about them wanting to open the old theater portion of the restaurant. It would be neat.

That would be great! Or, if the Leonardtown Movie Theater is finish by then (doubtful). But, I believe the organization is located in Waldorf. Doesn't mean we can't have more than one showing.

A quick bump to update... I just bought tickets, and it looks like it will be July 11. Still not sure exactly where it's going to be. The website seems to be 404. But last I looked (on Facebook, I think), they said there were "multiple locations".