Man sentenced for supplying drugs

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
At least give him a year and a half for each death. Then tack on some more time for providing the dope. DUI death cases get more jail time.

mitzi

All the headlines from the "news" sources said these were heroin overdoses when they happened. They all were junkies and relatives/friends. Sending him away to prison at his age isn't going to bring anyone back. I was acquainted with him and none of this stuff was going on until he let his sons move in with him. I think this guy's problem started with prescription pain medicines years back. I have to wonder why morphine is prescribed for people with pain. I know a few people who have prescriptions for it and none of them are in pain from a disease.

rdytogo

This is what the people asked for.

When they elected an attorney who had little criminal trial experience and a defense attorney to the bench. We get the government we ask for.

Midnightrider

All the headlines from the "news" sources said these were heroin overdoses when they happened. They all were junkies and relatives/friends. Sending him away to prison at his age isn't going to bring anyone back. I was acquainted with him and none of this stuff was going on until he let his sons move in with him. I think this guy's problem started with prescription pain medicines years back. I have to wonder why morphine is prescribed for people with pain. I know a few people who have prescriptions for it and none of them are in pain from a disease.

the only people i have ever heard of being perscribed morphine were either in accidents where they suffered serious injuries, or people who have had major surgeries and as a result they live with dibilitating pain. It sounds like this guy was the former, and maybe the latter too.

mitzi

the only people i have ever heard of being perscribed morphine were either in accidents where they suffered serious injuries, or people who have had major surgeries and as a result they live with dibilitating pain. It sounds like this guy was the former, and maybe the latter too.

I think he was. I lived up the street and would chit chat a little when outside walking. Pretty sure he was on disability for an injury long before this all started happening. It was quiet at his place until the sons moved in. Not making excuses, just saying.

sockgirl77

Maybe he cut a deal and squealed on the supplier.

That's usually what happens.

Am I the only one that is just not shocked by any of this? Am I also the only one that is just like "eh, he didn't force the "victims" to use the drugs"?