How it went

K

KBlues

LASIK day

I got there, took the Valuim, all was well. They prepped me by checking my eyes again, cleaned around my eyes with Bentadine (sp?) and put my little booties and shower cap on. The Dr was explaining everythig he was going to do while I sat in a recliner chair and rested my eyes as they instructed me to do.

The nurse finished prepping me and I had only one more thing to do before the surgery started. She put a couple of drops of a liquid antibiotic in my right eye, and that is when all hell broker loose.

It hurt! It stung like crazy and she went to put the drops in my other eye. I pushed her arm away. The Dr came over and looked at my right eye. Long story short, I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. So, I have to put these medicated drops in my right eye for the next week, and Monday the 30th, I go in to have the LASIK surgery, and this time with a different kind of antibiotic eye drops. My eye is bloodshot and a little hazy, but it's OK. The Dr had me come in Saturday morning for a check up, and I have to go in again tomorrow morning, just to be on the safe side. Turns out that 1 - 2% of the population is allergic to those eye drops. Lucky me is in the 1-2%! I am still gung-ho about getting LASIK done, and there was no way to tell that I would be allergic. So, we will try again next Monday! The Dr wants to make sure that everything is OK. He said he could do surgery now, but he doesn't feel comfortable doing it until my eye completely clears up.

J

justhangn

Did the Dr also say that the surgery hurts less than the allergic reaction??

LOL

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Oh geez, I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned and you had an allergic reaction! Glad to hear they figured it out, though, and can get you all ready for next Monday!!! Good luck, and I'm anxious to hear how it all turns out!