Mailbox installation

jasonandjen

I need a mailbox installed and am finding it tougher than i imagined to do it myself. anyone know of a good company around mechanicsville, md that does that?

FollowTheMoney

:smack: ..... we don't know who is typing... Jason or Jen.

maybe its jen asking... and maybe Jason is no longer there.... :jet:
Fine: Jason, if you're asking, you must be neutered ..... if Jen, go find and ask any good man to help you, maybe your neighbor, brother or father.

glhs837

Power with Control
Any man of worth can install a mailbox .... ask your wife where to find one.

This assumes of course, that Jason, if he is around, was ever taught such things. Many people are not these days. I would not presume to judge and mans worth by what sorts of tasks he can or cannot perform. Coworker of mine simply wants nothing to do with cars, or house stuff like that. Not very manly, you say? His three tours in Iraq as a Marine combat infantry officer say a bit different.

glhs837

Power with Control
Alternatively, you could describe whats being hard, and we could advise. You do find an amazing array of talents on here.

John Z

if you will
It is an interesting topic, because I've thought about what it would take to re-do my mailbox post. The things I think about are:
1) Miss Utility - I'm assuming a call is necessary, due to underground utilities. On my street, Verizon ran their FiOS cables right next to the mailbox posts (they couldn't have put them on the other side of the street, now, could they?). It looks like the cables probably run right next to (How far under? Who knows...) the mailboxes.
2) Post Office requirements - I'm assuming there is a required location in space that the mailbox door must be located (above road surface, back from edge or road).

lovinmaryland

Maybe its the name of OP kids...or theyre elderly...or :blahblah:

Do you know how to or someone that knows how to install a mailbox? If so help...if not dont be a douche bag :rolleyes:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Maybe its the name of OP kids...or theyre elderly...or :blahblah:

Do you know how to or someone that knows how to install a mailbox? If so help...if not dont be a douche bag :rolleyes:

sit down sexy lady.... you were mia for a while .... :lol:

I recall this poster having other issues...

BernieP

Resident PIA
Go to the Post Office and get a PO Box.. DONE!

concur, it solves a lot of problems...

one thought, if by install, he/she means putting a post in the ground that could be a problem if one does not have the proper tools and say the ground is hard / has a lot of rocks or roots.
Response, spend the money to rent a post hold digger
Have friend / helper handy that can hold post (with a level) straight as you set it in concrete and anchor.

lovinmaryland

sit down sexy lady.... you were mia for a while .... :lol:

I recall this poster having other issues...

I just have a lot of feelings :bawl:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 184

FollowTheMoney

This assumes of course, that Jason, if he is around, was ever taught such things. Many people are not these days. I would not presume to judge and mans worth by what sorts of tasks he can or cannot perform. Coworker of mine simply wants nothing to do with cars, or house stuff like that. Not very manly, you say? His three tours in Iraq as a Marine combat infantry officer say a bit different.
I am absolutely sure, that a Marine combat infantry officer would know how to plant a mailbox. If he doesn't want to do it, he's earned that right not to do it, for whatever reason. And if he didn't know how to do it, he sure as hell wouldn't come to a forum to ask for help. A man like that would improvise, adapt and overcome.

Maybe its the name of OP kids...or theyre elderly...or :blahblah:Do you know how to or someone that knows how to install a mailbox? If so help...if not dont be a douche bag :rolleyes:
Maybe because of this, maybe because of that, maybe, maybe, maybe.... whatever. Of course I can install a mailbox. Dig hole, plant post, backfill, mount mailbox to post, number.

Hijinx

concur, it solves a lot of problems...

one thought, if by install, he/she means putting a post in the ground that could be a problem if one does not have the proper tools and say the ground is hard / has a lot of rocks or roots.
Response, spend the money to rent a post hold digger
Have friend / helper handy that can hold post (with a level) straight as you set it in concrete and anchor.

I was going to say wait until the ground thaws. Also now they have these plastic mailboxes, where you put a post in the ground and just slide the whole unit down on it.