Foot's forecast...BITTER 48 hours ahead!

Hessian

https://www.facebook.com/ffsouthernmaryland

Looks like gusts up to 50+mph,...leading to power outages with temps in the teens. Check generators everyone...stock in some firewood in case you lose power. Oil burners cannot be plugged in to your generator unless you have the BIG permanent hook-up type.

Keep an eye on overhanging branches/trees---heard a huge thump a week ago during a blow and might inspect for damage.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY...don't decide to burn leaves today!!!!

Coastal friends---sounds like flooding is a clear possibility,...you know the drill!

As Sgt Esterhaus used to say 'Hey,...lets be safe out there!" (nod to Hill St Blues' fans)

Hessian

Here comes a batch of SMOW...
maybe up to an inch of bluster coating coming in by 6-7 pm,...lasting til 9 ish.
Enjoy!
(Watch the radar to get a better judge!)

mamatutu

mama to two
Glad we are home from our Valentine's dinner. It is bitter out there. Was flurrying in St. Leonard until a moment ago. Where do all the critters and birds hide from this kind of cold? :frown:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
812.png

https://www.facebook.com/ffsouthernmaryland

Looks like gusts up to 50+mph,...leading to power outages with temps in the teens. Check generators everyone...stock in some firewood in case you lose power. Oil burners cannot be plugged in to your generator unless you have the BIG permanent hook-up type.

Keep an eye on overhanging branches/trees---heard a huge thump a week ago during a blow and might inspect for damage.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY...don't decide to burn leaves today!!!!

Coastal friends---sounds like flooding is a clear possibility,...you know the drill!

As Sgt Esterhaus used to say 'Hey,...lets be safe out there!" (nod to Hill St Blues' fans)

I ran mine on a 3500 watt gen. What really made it bog down was the well pump.

Last edited:

RPMDAD

Already posted this in the Arkie thread, but here is my opinion of winter, and the current weather.

diewinterdie.jpg

mamatutu

mama to two
Just got the text from Cal Cty gov that we are under a severe storm warning. First one all winter. I guess this could be serious. Stay warm y'all!

mamatutu

mama to two
Just FYI. The pipes in our kitchen were frozen this morning. No water from faucet or frig. We are lucky our pipes had not burst. Our kitchen is over our garage so it is cold down there, and the pipes are on an outside wall. In the 16 years we have lived here, we have never had a problem with freezing pipes. We put a heating pad on the pipes and that worked. Also, we bought an electric heater today to put in the garage for times likes this. I totally forgot about letting the faucet drip like my dad taught me years ago. The temp tonight is supposed to be the lowest yet. Thought my experience may help others. Stay warm, y'all!

And it snowed just enough tonight to put a snowy/icy coating on where we already shoveled our decks and walkways. :lol:

Last edited:

MarieB

Nope, tomorrow night will be colder

Good advice on the pipes. It's hard to keep yourself from turning them off because it's so automatic when you use them. I also hear the damn dripping

DEEKAYPEE8569

Nope, tomorrow night will be colder

Good advice on the pipes. It's hard to keep yourself from turning them off because it's so automatic when you use them. I also hear the damn dripping
In the stainless steel kitchen sinks, if you have a sponge, position it, and the faucet so the water drips in/onto the sponge. No more plink.....plink.....plink.....
If that doesn't work, just turn your TV volume up. :biggrin: