Lost dog Prince Frederick

mdff21

At approximately 5:45 this evening a small Shih Tzu had been picked up from the Petco store in Prince Frederick by the foster parents. The dog slipped out of his collar and ran away heading towards Route 4. As he crossed Route 4, he was clipped by a car tumbled and continued running. He was last seen running through Winegardner GMC's lot towards the woods. He is a rescue from a hoarder and is very shy around people. He is white and black and had just been sheared of most of his coat. Any one that sees him please contact the Calvert County Sheriff's Department they have the information to contact the foster parents.

mdff21

As of 1700 hours (5:00 pm) he has not been located. The humane society has a member that has a search dog that was utilized this evening. There were several hits but the trail ended or the scent was lost. Thanks go out to everyone that has come to help walk and try to find him. Hope has not been given up and praying that he is found soon and is safe.

mdff21

He was seen this morning around 6 at the loading dock of Calvert Nursing Center. A search of the area spotted him a few times in the wooded area behind the center. Some traps have been set in attempt to capture the rascal. Hoping that he takes the bait before the storm really sets in.

mdff21

At 7 this evening, he has been caught and is safe and heading to his foster home for some food and warmth.

RPMDAD

That is great news, the weather has been crappy, good to know the pup has been found. kudoes to the vols. that caught the pup.

mdff21

:clap: Great news! Obviously, people worked very hard to find the pup! His name should be Lucky!

The Foster parents had called him Boogie and he had that name for about 30 minutes. We have affectionately named him PITA (pain in the a$$) for the 3 days he has cause trouble.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Picture from the Humane Society of Calvert's FB page:

10402927_10152750904513940_6407894977270867176_n.jpg

He sure is a cutie! I am just not a dog person, but I was so worried about this little guy. So glad they found him! :yay:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I am glad that he is safe too....................

But that is one ugly dog.

Awww! He was out in the wilderness (of Prince Frederick!) for about 2 days and got a little dirty!

Here's what he looked like right before he made a run for it...

10599640_10152746740543940_7853256731901999205_n.jpg

mamatutu

mama to two
:lol: The name Boogie is quite fittin', and very funny because, thank goodness, there was a happy ending to this story. We have had pets AND family members affectionately called PITA, as well. I am still in awe of how this story ended. Great job for all who did not quit until this pup was found. Love rules. :smile: