Cindy Crawford - unretouched

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel two ways about this:

On one hand, it's great to see that supermodels really do look like real women and only get perfect via airbrushing and a team of makeup artists. On the other hand, didn't we already know that?

I think of models not as the body/hair/face that I should be trying to imitate, but as....art. So I have no problem with a 50 year old woman looking like 25 year old perfection in a photo shoot because I know it's not really "her". Maybe it's just me but I don't really want to get real with models and their art - I'm okay with the facade.

Anyway, here's Cindy!

CindyCrawford.jpg

Remember all the talk of Barbie being too skinny- too unreal and its causing young girls to hate their bodies? I played with Barbie my whole childhood. She had it all too- the house, car, pets, jobs, etc. I didnt really want a ken doll - but eventually got one. Didnt really care to "play wedding" I also never wanted to be her or look like her. To me she was a TOY to dress up and play with. She didnt aspire me to become a teacher, lawyer, astronaut, ball room dancer or any other costumed job she had. She was a TOY and I always knew REAL people were ones to look to for inspiration about anything. I watched my mom get dressed and do hair and make up and tried to copy THAT.
So as for stars, models etc that always appear perfect? You're right- its art - and in the right lighting with good hair and make up - Im sure any lady could play along- especially if theres some photoshopping too. Me personally? Id rather play trivia with friends then that game of smoke and mirrors.
Supposedly its making young girls have body image issues like Barbie once did. What would save America? Proper eating habits, get some exercise and be happy with a body that WORKS and isnt broken down and hurting. Thats old news... In new news- how about we stop giving 2 craps what 'stars' and singers are doing with their bodies, kids, homes etc. Even our brightest and best (not the kim and kanyes) why do we care what they look like, where they are jetting off to and what brand of shoes they are wearing? I dont care what purse my doctor carries. I dont care what car my boss drives. I dont care how skinny my neighbor is. NONE of these things get me to my goals. And neither does coveting a star's looks or possessions.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

On one hand, it's great to see that supermodels really do look like real women and only get perfect via airbrushing and a team of makeup artists. On the other hand, didn't we already know that?

I think of models not as the body/hair/face that I should be trying to imitate, but as....art. So I have no problem with a 50 year old woman looking like 25 year old perfection in a photo shoot because I know it's not really "her". Maybe it's just me but I don't really want to get real with models and their art - I'm okay with the facade.

Anyway, here's Cindy!

Yes, and yes. :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Cindy and I share the same birth day, although three year apart. EVERYONE tells me that we look so much alike. After a few six packs of beer.

MarieB

Has she suddenly stopped selling that skin care product that's supposed to keep you looking as young as her? Big yawn

Tito

Donkey Smell

Anyway, here's Cindy!

View attachment 106836

This picture is a fake yo.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/01/cindy-crawford-bikini-pic-photoshop-lawsuit/

sockgirl77

No way a 50 year old woman with two birth kids has a stomach like that. No way. The original makes more sense and that pool pic looks like it's 20 years ago. Time marches on for models, too.

I know women who have popped out 4 babies who have stomachs like that. I'm completely jealous of them too. I've personally seen their bellies and they look like that pool pic.