Presiden't Day Smowstorm

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So .... since Hankeypoo and his buddies want to bicker in that other tred, I thought we should have one dedicated to this current SMOWSTORM.

We are going to get a good one this time. Depending on which forecast you hear ..... sounds like we are in for 8+ inches at a minimum.

I was at Safeway in Brandywine around Noon and there were lines halfway down the isles. I notice one check-stand didn't have a line at all, so hopped in that one and was out pretty fast :smile:.

Now, I expect the stores to be out of milk, eggs, bread, TP, and PT by about 6pm. The liquor stores were doing a brisk business also. I'm stocked and ready, bring it on. :jameo:

dgates80

Land of the lost
I was at Safeway in Brandywine around Noon and there were lines halfway down the isles. I notice one check-stand didn't have a line at all, so hopped in that one and was out pretty fast :smile:.

Now, I expect the stores to be out of milk, eggs, bread, TP, and PT by about 6pm. The liquor stores were doing a brisk business also. I'm stocked and ready, bring it on. :jameo:

Liquor: check, Kahlua, Vodka, Seagrams, Merlot
Eaten' food: check, Giant (which was crazed) for stuff for crock pot stew
Snackin food: check, cookies, chips, dip
Keep in' warm: check, three wheelbarrows of oak loaded into the basement

Bring it.

edinsomd

All stocked up with the necessities as of yesterday. Pizza #2 is about to come out of the oven, the gas log is lit, and I have an adult beverage at hand. 4Runner is in the barn with a full tank if I want to poke around tomorrow, but I think the county will be at a standstill tomorrow, maybe Wednesday too.

Let it snow.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
All stocked up with the necessities as of yesterday. Pizza #2 is about to come out of the oven, the gas log is lit, and I have an adult beverage at hand. 4Runner is in the barn with a full tank if I want to poke around tomorrow, but I think the county will be at a standstill tomorrow, maybe Wednesday too.

Let it snow.

Darn it, I meant to buy the fixins to make a pizza, totally forgot. I'm not going back out, so we'll have to survive on what's already here. Oh well.

Liquor: check, Kahlua, Vodka, Seagrams, Merlot
Eaten' food: check, Giant (which was crazed) for stuff for crock pot stew
Snackin food: check, cookies, chips, dip
Keep in' warm: check, three wheelbarrows of oak loaded into the basement

Bring it.

Generator?

Blister

Test ran my portable generator last weekend for 1/2 hour just for P.M. Lost power on Saturday night for a couple of hours, but woodstove was cooking good, and Smeco responded before I needed anything else, so I never ran it. Started it today again just to be sure and she was not thrilled with these cold temps, but she is ready to go.
Having a gennie is nice, but you need to know it will start when needed..

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
We have the work truck parked next to the back door incase we need the generator (it's mounted on the truck)