TJ Bridge Shut Down / Subjects Trapped

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
How far up your ass does you head have to be in order to wreck your car on that bridge?

head-up-your-ass.jpg

BOP

I was out and about earlier; got home about 5:30 or so. It was pretty treacherous out. Especially intersections and curves.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Angry about a waste of life
You're in a steel box designed to protect you in a place with a 45mph speed limit.
How do you manage to kill somebody without at least one person doing something extremely stupid?

Hank

my war
Angry about a waste of life
You're in a steel box designed to protect you in a place with a 45mph speed limit.
How do you manage to kill somebody without at least one person doing something extremely stupid?

Yeah, nevermind the snow and ice on the bridge.

mdff21

Could have been a medical emergency that started things. Maybe the one with the CPR in progress had a heart attack and hit another car.

mamatutu

mama to two
We came across around 5pm and there was no snow or ice on the bridge. It looked like there was a salt truck way ahead of us. Very sad. Sorry there was a fatality. Prayers.

RPMDAD

Very sad, sorry to hear this. A guy i work with was involved in an accident on that bridge a year or two ago in snowy conditions. He was heading to St. Mary's county and a car heading to Calvert county swung across the lane and hit him head on. Not a lot of places to move when you are on that bridge, i do not like that bridge at all. Don't have to be an #######, just have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

PeoplesElbow

A couple years ago i was going across the bridge and one of those big sneezes decided to hit me all of a sudden, all I could think what oh god Im going to cause a wreck on the bridge because I sneezed.

Sometimes I sneeze very hard where all the joints in my body feel like they are being pulled apart, my eyes close and sometimes I even fart.

Agee

Bridge shut down! Rt 4 blocked northbound @ Rt.235. I only got through because I live just prior to the bridge. No details on the accident...

dan0623_2000

Just got home after driving in this stuff for over 4 and half hours. Left work in Wildewood area at 4:15 and had to drive to LaPlata to pick up someone and drive them to Hollywood. There was over a mile and a half back for east bound Rt. 6 in Dentsville. Dropped the person off on Hollywood and about a mile before the bridge I see traffic is backed up and I get a text saying TJ bridge is closed both ways. I decide to wait. After about 20 minutes I find out the bridge will be closed 5 to 6 hours. Ok turn around and head up Rt 235/5 to Hughesville and come across Benedict bridge to Prince Frederick and down Rt. 4 to Lusby. Get about a mile from house and find out road is closed due to 2 accidents. Ok now tuen around and come onto Ranch Club of ther Little Cove Poinr Road entrance. Finally make it home.
The roads really were not that bad. I saw a few people run off the road and the ones I saw were because the people were driving way too fast for conditions. 2 of the 3 were the big 4 wheel drive pickup variety. I saw lots of people driving way too slow and causing traffic to back up terribly. If yoy are going to drive slow stay in the right lane/
This is a dry snow and not that slippery. God help us when we have a wet snow

BOP

We came across around 5pm and there was no snow or ice on the bridge. It looked like there was a salt truck way ahead of us. Very sad. Sorry there was a fatality. Prayers.

Did you wave as you rode past? I was at Giant about 5pm.

BOP

A couple years ago i was going across the bridge and one of those big sneezes decided to hit me all of a sudden, all I could think what oh god Im going to cause a wreck on the bridge because I sneezed.

Sometimes I sneeze very hard where all the joints in my body feel like they are being pulled apart, my eyes close and sometimes I even fart.

Thanks for sharing.