Place your bets: SMCPS on Wednesday???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Remember the dark, terrible days before the internet when we had to get up at the crack of doom and listen to the radio to try and catch whether schools were closed or not?

BernieP

Resident PIA
This just in, all schools in Southern Maryland will remained closed until March 20, 2015 - superintendents heard muttering, "damn ground hog can't be trusted".

BOP

Remember the dark, terrible days before the internet when we had to get up at the crack of doom and listen to the radio to try and catch whether schools were closed or not?

We had to listen to the farm report and hope we didn't miss the closings.

officeguy

Chuck co board of edumnificaton their small minds. Snow is cleared roads are dry school is cancelled.

I swear they dont want to work.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
im not even sure if they plowed the schools out.... LT middle was still snow covered so that makes me think how many others have not been plowed or salted

stgislander

PREMO Member
Unless we get a pretty good thaw today, they'll probably be closed the rest of the week because Thur and Fri high temps are expected to be in the teens.

officeguy

im not even sure if they plowed the schools out.... LT middle was still snow covered so that makes me think how many others have not been plowed or salted

That's a management fail then, not caused by the weather.

It really wasn't that bad of a snow event. Snowed in the evening, an entire sunny day for cleanup.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's a management fail then, not caused by the weather.

It really wasn't that bad of a snow event. Snowed in the evening, an entire sunny day for cleanup.

By management you have to blame the county governments. I don't think the schools have any heavy duty snow removal equipment of their own.
So, the counties got the roads pretty much clear but didn't get around to school lots. Want to buy more trucks, plows and hire more drivers for the occasional snow?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Chuck co board of edumnificaton their small minds. Snow is cleared roads are dry school is cancelled.

I swear they dont want to work.

You do realize that every snow day now is made up in June unless the Governor declares a State of Emergency and even then getting an exemption from MSDE isn't automatic? Of course you do.