Sheehy Waldorf Flyer - Did You Too Win A 2015 Hyundai Sonata

NBF

Just received a flyer from Sheehy Waldorf - Tax Time Vehicle Elimination Event today. Scratched off the spot and I'm told I won "SQUARE 1: 2015 Hyundai Sonata or $25,000 Cash^" I looked for the footnote "^" and couldn't find one. So, I go ahead and call like it directs me to and the lady asks for my "Activation Code" which I give her and she congratulates for being a winner. However, she can't tell me what I won as she can only see that I have "a match". To find out what I won I have to go into the dealership starting tomorrow. The most misleading thing about this is that it states, "HOW TO WIN: If your scratch-off matches one of the prize squares below, YOU HAVE WON one of the four prizes! Call the Event Hotline now at 855-372-4736. IF YOU ARE A WINNER, COME TO THE DEALERSHIP DURING EVENT HOURS TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE WON! HAVE YOUR ACTIVATION CODE READY!"

I'd like to know how many other of you have also won a 2015 Hyundai Sonata or one of the other three prizes: Honda TRX 90X ATV, or $1500 Pre-Paid VISA, or Up to $300 in Lottery Tickets."

Crazy...

DEEKAYPEE8569

Just received a flyer from Sheehy Waldorf - Tax Time Vehicle Elimination Event today. Scratched off the spot and I'm told I won "SQUARE 1: 2015 Hyundai Sonata or $25,000 Cash^" I looked for the footnote "^" and couldn't find one. So, I go ahead and call like it directs me to and the lady asks for my "Activation Code" which I give her and she congratulates for being a winner. However, she can't tell me what I won as she can only see that I have "a match". To find out what I won I have to go into the dealership starting tomorrow. The most misleading thing about this is that it states, "HOW TO WIN: If your scratch-off matches one of the prize squares below, YOU HAVE WON one of the four prizes! Call the Event Hotline now at 855-372-4736. IF YOU ARE A WINNER, COME TO THE DEALERSHIP DURING EVENT HOURS TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE WON! HAVE YOUR ACTIVATION CODE READY!"

I'd like to know how many other of you have also won a 2015 Hyundai Sonata or one of the other three prizes: Honda TRX 90X ATV, or $1500 Pre-Paid VISA, or Up to $300 in Lottery Tickets."

Crazy...

Just a hook to get you into the showroom; but you already knew that.....

NBF

Let's see how many got the same prize. I tell you it's false advertising as they say you won that item and you look through the whole flyer and do not see any disclaimers.

NBF

I was hoping you tell me you had also "won" the car so I wouldn't have to go in since both of us, or more than one can't win their car! LOL...

Last edited:
I was hoping you tell me if you also "won" the car so I wouldn't have to go in since both of us, or more than one can win their car! LOL...

"If your scratch-off matches one of the prize squares below, YOU HAVE WON one of the four prizes!" This line means that you have not narrowed your winning down to the car or the 25k... it says if your prize matches one of the prize squares below than you have won one of the 4 prizes and that means that all they have to hand you for your time is a $1 scratch off.

NBF

Then when you look at the photo and square, it shows you the car in my case. In any matter, this is devious advertising. Mr Sheehy should not allow this type of advertising if they're a reputable company. Brings too many questions to the table concerning their operations.

xobxdoc

Then when you look at the photo and square, it shows you the car in my case. In any matter, this is devious advertising. Mr Sheehy should not allow this type of advertising if they're a reputable company. Brings too many questions to the table concerning their operations.

imagine that, a dishonest car saleman. Oh the humanity!

R

rhenderson

It may be devious - but it is accurately worded. The devious part is that it grabs those that want to believe they are THE LUCKY ONE that won the big prize. If this is worded like the one that I got from KIA today - I did not read it entirely, nor the fine print - I don't think they even guaranteed that the big prize(s) would be given away. Even then these types of ads are often based on a national campaign and one big prize is given nation-wide with each dealership sending out the same advertisements except for the dealership info.

calvcopf

Nfb

NBF: So did you go and claim your prize? What did you actually win?
Was curious if they gave you a prize right away or subjected you to hours worth of sales pitches to claim your $1 scratch off?
:popcorn:

NBF

NBF: So did you go and claim your prize? What did you actually win?
Was curious if they gave you a prize right away or subjected you to hours worth of sales pitches to claim your $1 scratch off?
:popcorn:

No, waiting for others to chime-in as to whether or not they also "won" a 2015 Hyundai Sonata! I thank all for your comments.

sm8

I did not even get a flyer so I am of no help. The curiosity would of made me go in by now though.

sm8

I bought my car from them in 08 and have not had a problem. I still have and love my car and it runs great. The purchase was pretty smooth and I kind of prefer the up front no haggle prices.

calvcopf

I just got mine in the mail. I won Square #1! I won a 2015 Nissan Maxima or $25k cash!!!
Think I will just have them mail me a check for that $25k. LOL

I would never buy anything from Sheehy now, they are trying to pull a scam before you even step foot on their property.

Last edited: